Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_Totti

Weird airport lights

Looks like the Halo file.  Do you have anything installed which alters airport lighting?  If so, try going back and resetting it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have the same kind of lights, looks like triangles. 

ORBX lights in my case, PTA. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I don't know how to get the original airport lights, because I can't find any backup. :-(

And I will look in my PTA and see, if something was checked wrong.

1 hour ago, Pilot_Totti said:

I don't know how to get the original airport lights, because I can't find any backup. :-(

And I will look in my PTA and see, if something was checked wrong.

If you reinstall the Prepar3d content it will reinstall the original halo textures, etc.

Simbol 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

If you reinstall the Prepar3d content it will reinstall the original halo textures, etc.

Simbol 

Ok, I will try that and see.

32 minutes ago, simbol said:

Simbol 

I tried it now and it didn't help at all. 

Do you have add-on's with the XML method? They might be overriding your halo textures.

If you do go to your add-on manager and disable them to see what happens.

Simbol 

Did you install BOTH Client AND Content of the latest update ?

And in which order ?

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Do you have add-on's with the XML method? They might be overriding your halo textures.

If you do go to your add-on manager and disable them to see what happens.

Simbol 

I think I have, but I'm not sure, which add-ons. Do you mean only airports or add-ons in general?

Just now, gamer19 said:

Did you install BOTH Client AND Content of the latest update ?

And in which order ?

I did client and then content

3 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

I did client and then content

Hmmm... we can scratch that then.

So you don't have any "halo" texture as a backup since that may solve your problem ?

If someone could send only that file it would be great, maybe via pm since sharing game files could be illegal, dunno... I would do it for you just that I'm at work right now, sorry.

1 minute ago, Pilot_Totti said:

I think I have, but I'm not sure, which add-ons. Do you mean only airports or add-ons in general?

All of them, we don't know if any of them could be the culprit.

If you open prepar3d there is a menu which says add-on's manager, in there you can disable and enable 3rd party tools without removing them from your disk or uninstalling them.

Disable all if them and restart PD3.

Simbol 

1 minute ago, gamer19 said:

Hmmm... we can scratch that then.

So you don't have any "halo" texture as a backup since that may solve your problem ?

If someone could send only that file it would be great, maybe via pm since sharing game files could be illegal, dunno... I would do it for you just that I'm at work right now, sorry.

Reinstalling the content replaces halo.bmp so that is not the cause.

I know that from experience as I use my own designed halos while I work and edit my AI Lights Reborn products.

Simbol 

Just now, simbol said:

Reinstalling the content replaces halo.bmp so that is not the cause.

I know that from experience as I use my own designed halos while I work and edit my AI Lights Reborn products.

Simbol 

Shoot, but ok... thank you for clearing that up. Not happy about it though. =/