Sign in to follow this  
captainsazzman

Strange texture on the 747 Cockpit nose P3D 4.1

I just finished reinstalling and updating my entire PMDG suite (737,747,777) and have noticed a weird visual 'glitch'. When I look over the nose in the VC from the captain side, there is a weird greyish texture anomaly in the bottom left side of the glass that looks like a clip or something. Can anyone confirm they have this too? What is that?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

9 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

I just finished reinstalling and updating my entire PMDG suite (737,747,777) and have noticed a weird visual 'glitch'. When I look over the nose in the VC from the captain side, there is a weird greyish texture anomaly in the bottom left side of the glass that looks like a clip or something. Can anyone confirm they have this too? What is that?

Echoing what Captain Kevin said, screenshots would be good.  I am not 10000% sure but I believe that what you're talking about is the "Dummy Model" that provides shadows for the exterior of the aircraft.  If you have EzDok or Chaseplane (or similar camera software), you can go outside the cockpit area of the virtual cockpit and view the entire thing.

I may have the wrong idea though. :)

10 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

hi

Could you be referring to the grey/whitish shapes on the front windscreen glass in the lower corner and edge?  if so I believe this is simply a deliberate recreation of the delamination that can occur in real life on airliners flight deck windows and front windscreens particularly. Very common to see this in real life on old aircraft.

nick caldwell

MOD NOTE:

There exist subforums in which to place topics related only to specific products. Please ensure that you place your threads appropriately.

Kyle Rodgers

I think that because he has placed this in the qots v2 forum its probably reasonable to assume he is specifically referring to the 747 despite mentioning the whole fleet therefore the correct sub forum for the topic.

nick caldwell

3 minutes ago, nickcaldwell4587 said:

I think that because he has placed this in the qots v2 forum its probably reasonable to assume he is specifically referring to the 747 despite mentioning the whole fleet therefore the correct sub forum for the topic.

nick caldwell

I moved it from the Gen forum.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, nickcaldwell4587 said:

you need to upload it to a web site, pic hosting site for example, and then use the editor here to insert a link to it

nick caldwell

Thanks. Attached is the link to the image. What im talking about is in the bottom left of the glass, near the taxi line

602752Prepar3DScreenshot2017101801085780

Flying Tigers Group

Just now, captainsazzman said:

Thanks. Attached is the link to the image. What im talking about is in the bottom left of the glass

Intro manual, regarding 'delamination.'

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Intro manual, regarding 'delamination.'

sorry but I ran a word search for 'delamination' and came back empty. Can you please explain what that means?

Flying Tigers Group

quite a bit on this if you type in to google

Delamination is a mode of failure for composite materials and steel. In laminated materials, repeated cyclic stresses, impact, and so on can cause layers to separate, forming a mica-like structure of separate layers, with significant loss of mechanical toughness.

noun

a splitting apart into layers.

Embryology. the separation of a primordial cell layer into two layers by a process of cell migration.

airliner windscreens are made of many laminated layers pressed or glued together. Over time these layers can split apart and when this occurs you see the top layer flaking off or coming away from the surface underneath its bonded too leaving bubbles

nick caldwell

Just now, nickcaldwell4587 said:

quite a bit on this if you type in to google

Delamination is a mode of failure for composite materials and steel. In laminated materials, repeated cyclic stresses, impact, and so on can cause layers to separate, forming a mica-like structure of separate layers, with significant loss of mechanical toughness.

noun

a splitting apart into layers.

Embryology. the separation of a primordial cell layer into two layers by a process of cell migration.

airliner windscreens are made of many laminated layers pressed or glued together. Over time these layers can split apart and when this occurs you see the top layer flaking off or coming away from the surface underneath its bonded too leaving bubbles

nick caldwell

so you are saying this too is simulated in the 747-400? (P.S. all this wasnt in the intro manual hence me asking)

Flying Tigers Group