Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Efass NG?

Does anyone use this?  I was a user for quite some time and something got corrupted with my installation.  Judging from the dev's forums hes passed away but some of the posts don't appear to seem legit to me.  If the news is true than my condolences.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I am still using it. Prefer it over FSC, PFPX and others ....The server is still up but there has been no activity/response from the dev the last 6 months. So, what happened ? Don't know.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I really like EFASS.  has one of the best moving maps included in a flight planner.  Sad it is in it's current state.

Guest Mik75

It seems that it’s true and the main dev has sadly passed away in an accident. So it‘s pretty safe to say , that we won’t see any further development. It’s pretty usable in its current state, I think, and it’s a great tool. I really hope, the sever will keep running for some time...

That is very sad about Venni. EFASS is down for several days and maybe some  other developers can bring it to life?

Regards, Bartek Staniszewski

Efass is not down, I'm using it daily

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Support for EFASS NG seems to have stopped. Personally, if the rumors are true, then the amount I spent on the program, claiming constant improvements,  becomes irrelevant.

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

On 11.12.2017 at 11:26 AM, willy647 said:

Efass is not down, I'm using it daily

From a begining of December Efass shows me the message like there is a connection error and that i need to check my firewall. Efass shows it with or without firewall, so i thought that servers went down. So if there is no support, the program is down for me. And willy647 are you 100% sure that Efass works for you?

Guest Mik75

EFASS NG works fine for me. No connections problems.

On 14-12-2017 at 2:59 PM, brosss said:

And willy647 are you 100% sure that Efass works for you?

I can confirm, Efass NG is running ok. If you have problems it must be on your end.

• Upvote 1

So i reinstalled W10 and the error still exists but only when i use my payware license. With a trial i can use program normaly, but its only 14 days of use. Regards.

9 hours ago, brosss said:

So i reinstalled W10 and the error still exists but only when i use my payware license. With a trial i can use program normaly, but its only 14 days of use. Regards.

Strange.  I installed on my laptop and it works, just not on my desktop.  At this point EFASS will not longer have support and I'll be moving on.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals