Sign in to follow this  
strat919

2D popup will not appear

I've been using the GTN 750 for a while. Stopped simming for a short period of time and now I cannot get the 2D popup to appear. Funny thing is that I have the Cessna 172 modded with the GTN in the 3d panel and it works fine. It will come up when I click on the hotspot and also works from the menu. On any other aircraft, when I try to bring up the 2d popup from menu, I get nothing. I tried the reset and still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks:)

Hi,

you might want to try the latest version released a few days ago and check if this solves the issue.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

This is what is happening. I run xplane at 4096x2159 resolution. I'm guessing a bug in beta 3, but when I restart xplane, it switches to a different resolution. So...... if I reset to 4096x2159, the gtn 750 2d popup appears normally. I'll keep trying to see if it is 100% correct.

Ok...... so I'm sure I've got it:) It has to do with the interface size setting in xplane's graphic settings. When at 100% it works fine. If you set it to 150% it will not pop up. I'm wondering if it's a bug with xplane, or the 750?

Hi, it might be a bug in X-Plane 11.1B3, related to the same issue with the mouse wheel not working.

The next update under final wraps is solving the mouse wheel issue, there is a chance (given the nature of the issue) it also solves the DPI settings issue you're reporting. Nevertheless, thanks to your feedback, we'll be able to evaluate this on the update build prior release!

Thank you again for your astute assistance!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Mouse wheel is working for me with 11.1B3.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi, and thank you for the additional information. I don't know what this could be, bu It was not working on our end with B3 either.

49 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi, and thank you for the additional information. I don't know what this could be, bu It was not working on our end with B3 either.

I have not updated to 2.4.8 yet, though. Maybe it's the new version causing the problem?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The same code drives the popup window since maybe the initial v2.0 release. It looked like B3 had a bug in the mouse wheel callback for the type of window we are using, which we are changing now to accommodate the 11.1SDK and pop out windows.

1 minute ago, RXP said:

The same code drives the popup window since maybe the initial v2.0 release. It looked like B3 had a bug in the mouse wheel callback for the type of window we are using, which we are changing now to accommodate the 11.1SDK and pop out windows.

Weird, it shoudn't work for me on B3 then, but it does.

Thanks.

Alvega

Strange isn't it! Anyway, this is beta, so failure is expected!