Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Indeed the CS300 to a degree is competing against the A319!

This was one of my first thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

This was one of my first thoughts.

I read thst Airbus has not sold a single A319 in the last year and would welcome a competitive replacement with the CS300.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hi...

Personally - we're saturated with politics and arguments everywhere we go outside these walls - for many this is an escape - a diversion from the real world and the problems it contains - and discussions here should stick to our hobby - - - leaving the politics and/or nationalism at home...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

IMHO, this is a hangar chat discussion about jets. ... and an interesting one!

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

39 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I read thst Airbus has not sold a single A319 in the last year and would welcome a competitive replacement with the CS300.

This is true, the A319NEO has only 50 orders compared to the A320NEO having 3,327 orders and A320NEO having 1,094 orders. Basically the A319 was dead at this point. The C-Series gives Airbus an immediate new aircraft to sell, also gives the customer more confidence in ordering C-Series with Airbus backing it now.

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Personally, I'm hoping they rename it the Airbus A319.5, just for the comedy value. Actually, I wonder if Boeing have already copywritten the name 797? They could call it that, just to annoy them even more lol,

Come to think of it, that also brings up the question about what Boeing are going to do when they get past 797 in the series? 7107 or 808? I reckon they should stick with the Dreamliner convention and start giving their airliners proper names again, I can't wait to see the Boeing Thunderbird, the Boeing SuperEagle or the Boeing Skycruiser or some such, it'd be so much nicer than all those seven series numbers. :biggrin:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This whole discussion of subsidies will probably look light weight if China starts to be a larger player. State-owned is about as subsidised as it gets. Typically, their attitude is if you don't like it, too bad.