Sign in to follow this  
airrace

Realistic Desert Replacement Texture for North America

Hello there

Can anybody please hook me up with any realistic desert replacement textures for all of North America? But not Megascenery that does not work with my game. But can anybody hook me up with some realistic desert replacement textures?

As you say Megascenery doesn't work for you, I am not sure whether you want to avoid photoreal scenery or not but if you do want to consider it Blue Sky Scenery offer some good freeware (donationware) photoreal scenery much of which covers some of the 'desert' states of the USA.

Bill

Seeing this post is wierd. After 2 years of not having FSX installed on my HD, just today I reinstalled it and went looking for the same replacement textures you're looking for. What a coincidence!  

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know there is a free solution from Adam Mills, who made replacement textures for the US and Europe. His packages are at flightsim.com, broken up into 8 parts for each continent. Unfortunately they aren't available here on avsim.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=59377609

21 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Seeing this post is wierd. After 2 years of not having FSX installed on my HD, just today I reinstalled it and went looking for the same replacement textures you're looking for. What a coincidence!  

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know there is a free solution from Adam Mills, who made replacement textures for the US and Europe. His packages are at flightsim.com, broken up into 8 parts for each continent. Unfortunately they aren't available here on avsim.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=59377609

Can't link to the flightsim.com library like that!  That link will work only for you.

Search for usagndp1.zip in the Flightsim.com library and the rest will follow.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

17 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Can't link to the flightsim.com library like that!  That link will work only for you.

Search for usagndp1.zip in the Flightsim.com library and the rest will follow.

Oops, didn't know that, thanks.

Alternatively he could just search 'Adam Mills' to see all the downloads for both packages. 

I'm looking for a type of photo real scenery but I want it to cover Nevada and Reno stead Airport

11 hours ago, airrace said:

I'm looking for a type of photo real scenery but I want it to cover Nevada and Reno stead Airport

Look at Blue Sky Scenery as I suggested - their photoreal scenery seems to cover much, though not all, of Nevada and they have maps on their website showing the areas covered which you can check out to see if would suit your requirements.

Bill