Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and CTD

Running 4.1, update came through last night. I rebooted, loaded P3D and now CTD... Fudge sake!

I'm running W10, A, Can I uninstall this major release? B, Should this fix the issue?

Thanks

I haven't got this update yet (not sure how their scheduler works so I don't know when I'll see it) but now you've got me worried. :blush:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Already on 4.1 and I forced the Windows update last night.  Been flying for about 4 hours this am with no issue at all.  (4.1 / Orbx / Carenado PC12)

• Upvote 1

Don't want to install updates??  Remember WannaCry?

Cheers

bs

• Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just finished a 3 hr flight after the upgrade with the PMDG 777. No problems, only had to adjust my sound settings.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

19 minutes ago, phmcr said:

Just finished a 3 hr flight after the upgrade with the PMDG 777. No problems, only had to adjust my sound settings.

P3dV3 or V4?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Guest JustanotherPilot

Over at the Prepar3D Forum, Rob McCathy from LM has said that the fix for the v3.4 CTD will not be in the Creators update but a separate fix will be released by Microsoft, when they have finished it - no time frame given.

5 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Over at the Prepar3D Forum, Rob McCathy from LM has said that the fix for the v3.4 CTD will not be in the Creators update but a separate fix will be released by Microsoft, when they have finished it - no time frame given.

I can't believe it has taken so long for that to get sorted.

Simbol 

15 hours ago, JakeCrez said:

Running 4.1, update came through last night. I rebooted, loaded P3D and now CTD... Fudge sake!

I'm running W10, A, Can I uninstall this major release? B, Should this fix the issue?

Thanks

You can rollback to the previous Version in the Settings App within 30 days after the Upgrade.

23 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I would imagine everyone on Win 10 has it by now, you can't stop it updating. I did, however, block the module that was causing the problem with P3D v3, other than that I have had no problems at all.

How exactly did you block the module? The only workaround that I currently know is to uninstal the problematic September Update and later Updates. (Which in fact is no longer possible if you are on the Fall Creators Update as the Update is baked into Windows)

If you update to win10 version 1709 then P3DV4.1 crash... Uninstall Active Sky for P3Dv4 , and no more problems..                        

19 hours ago, vc10man said:

Sorry, Pete, only seen it now:gaul:

its  ok,  with  you on this  one

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Don't want to install updates??  Remember WannaCry?

Cheers

bs

Don't surf to dubious website and don't open word not allowed emails and you even can uninstall your AV. PC's get infected because of naive actions of their users ;-)

On my Flightsim machine i have no windows updates and now AV/Internetsecurity bloatware and it runs flawless and fast :-)

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

The WannaCry virus didn't need you to open any website, any link or Email, it would automatically find your PC over the Internet and take you down.

The point is, there are many different types of security loopholes and zero exploits that don't require you to visit any dubious websites to get you infected.

For example your WiFi connection can be easily hijacked and inject fake websites or notifications to your PC, as an example Adobe reader updates or many other software vendors, the injection is so perfect that you would really think you are updating the software when in reality you are installing Malware.

There is also cross java script injection which can be done on Webistes you trust in form of adverts, these will infect your PC just by opening the website.

The only way a PC really stays safe is either being absolutely disconnected from the Internet or applying your patches or using good AV software.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Upvote 2