Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and CTD

28 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Don't surf to dubious website and don't open word not allowed emails and you even can uninstall your AV. PC's get infected because of naive actions of their users ;-)

On my Flightsim machine i have no windows updates and now AV/Internetsecurity bloatware and it runs flawless and fast :-)

Could not have put it better!

31 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Don't surf to dubious website and don't open word not allowed emails and you even can uninstall your AV. PC's get infected because of naive actions of their users ;-)

On my Flightsim machine i have no windows updates and now AV/Internetsecurity bloatware and it runs flawless and fast :-)

Well, you could simply elaborate your cynical statement further and conclude: keep your computer clean and well maintained, install stuff only when you are knowing what you are doing and you will not have any issue with updates from Windows. Sorry to say. But I never had any issues with Windows 10 since I upgraded my Windows 7 more than a year ago...

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

36 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, you could simply elaborate your cynical statement further and conclude: keep your computer clean and well maintained, install stuff only when you are knowing what you are doing and you will not have any issue with updates from Windows. Sorry to say. But I never had any issues with Windows 10 since I upgraded my Windows 7 more than a year ago...

+1000!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Make sure "Controlled Folder Access" is turned off in the security center.

Equifax

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I decided to roll the dice and install the Creators Update today.  It's a large update and takes a bit of time, but I have had no negative consequences regarding my P3Dv4.1.  I previously had updated the 4.1 client only, no issues with that.  Then the Microsoft update today, no issues with that either.  I've spent the last hour flying in Papua New Guinea (Orbx), and can't find a single thing to complain about.  I did have to go into NI and reset my frame rate limiter there, but nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys,

have insatlled Fall Creators update and have following issues with P3Dv4.1

1. Activy Sky for P3Dv4 won't start again. Works fine before without any issue. SOLVED by creating an exeption in Avast free antivirus Software. Never need this before.

2. P3Dv4.1 crashes after 5:30 inflight with PMDG 777F and Error Code ntdll.dll fail. Restart and load scenario leads into second crash 30 minutes later with the same Error Code.

I'm tired to fix issues with the Sim and Win10. It works pretty well with all Add-ons and 4.1 for 10 or 12 hours of flight in Win 10 previous Version. Now agian some bull..... Bingo to find out reason for crash again.

I'm going to try out details of reasons to crash, but honestly I only want to fly some nice hours of my valuable lifetime.

Thank you very much Mircosoft "Engineers"

Best regards

Andreas Hövel 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Note that Controlled Folder Access only works if Windows Defender AV real-time protection is enabled - if you use another antivirus solution it will not be available.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Installed the 1709 update over night without any problems. Having issues with P3D V4.1 and Active Sky, whenever i start a flight with ASP4 it crashes 100% of the time before loading completes. Event Viewer says : Faulting module path: E:\Prepar3D\api.dll.

Rather vague crash log as usual... Anyone else had this? And if so how was it fixed? Tried re-installing ASP4 without any luck.

I would try the windows rollback - you have 10 days from creator install to do it and then delay win10 updates for a while until (if or when) microsoft have a full patch update so that we don't have probs with some sim apps. I missed the roll back so stuck at the minute thinking what to do.

Denis B

Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS build 16299.64 combined with my XFX HD Radeon 7870DD 256bit 2GB & Crimson 17.10.3 & up drivers was offering a slew of issues ranging from the following:

1. White texture flashing with jet  & wing tip contrails

2. Child window error/s

3. Flickering in 2D or 3D cockpit with mouse movement on panels while in full screen mode.

Once I rolled back to 1703 OS build 15063.726 combined with Crimson 17.10.2 drivers my issues stopped.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I switched to V4 after last update, from FSX, thinking that should be safe bet. But now I see some of you are experiencing issues. I reverted last update hoping that, as promised by MS they will fix this issue in next update (December). Anywhere we can get some official word? I reverted last time so just wondering what is going to happen after next attempt. Can we revert it again. I never tried before, never needed to. 

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

On 18/10/2017 at 9:47 AM, SierraHotel said:

True, but many average users plumped for the "HOME" version which precludes this option. However if you own the Pro version here is how to do it:-

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10

Yes you can disable updates.

Command Prompt (Admin)

Type "Services.msc"

Scroll down to Windows Updates, and disable it !

Then..... Dont use your pc for internet "surfing"...... and you dont even need an antivirus program.

Set all your drives to be ignored (as folders) in Windows Defender, which effectively disables it.

Windows 10 is a vile piece of garbage.... that is utterly horrible for gaming.

Switch everything off, and use it as if it were a games console.

Use your laptop, or client pc .... or tablet for internet "surfing"..... wink !

I do the same with Steam. Always used in Offline mode, so it doesnt update stuff and break my mods. I update stuff on MY terms !

Oh, and just in case, keep images of "good" drives. Use Macrium Reflect.... it is ALWAYS reliable. Never lets you down.

I have FSX images going back to last year. No flies on me.

• Upvote 2