Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18OCT17] So what is going on at PMDG?

Great news! Let's hope it's the moving map on the ND - would be pretty amazing if you guys pulled that off! Hope we'll see some new screenshots of the new bird rather sooner than later. :biggrin: 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

We said it was going to be updated?

I think he is referring to the update provided in the main X Plane thread from Robert where he says (my emphasis added):

"New Item, 20JUL17:  With the release of the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster in FSX/P3D- we will be focused on those platforms and making certain that the DC-6 is delivering as a stable, predictable product, just as we did after the initial XPlane release in 2016.  Once we are through the release period, we will evaluate what product changes to roll back to the XPlane version of the DC-6 and on what timeframe we may make those changes.  We have no timeline for such decision making as yet, nor do we have a timeline for making the changes that are subject to that decision.  We will post more information here when we have it available."

My reading of this statement leads me, and I imagine others, to conclude, perhaps incorrectly, that there will be changes made to the XPL version of the DC-6, with an acknowledgement that decisions are still to be made on "what product changes" and "what timeframe". I think that has lead to the conclusion that there are going to be updates.

I suppose the evaluation of the product changes could conclude that no changes are to be made, but I don't think this is the essence of what Robert was saying, leading to the conclusion reached by the other forum member that you are questioning. 

7 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

Will it be free for people who have 747v2

No, the 747-8 will be a paid add-on.  The same as the 600/700 was to the 737.

• Upvote 2

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Anthony - based on past add-ons, probably in the $30-$45 US range as a guess. Since we are not in beta just yet, plenty of days to set aside a little savings for the bird when it is ready.

Scott R

• Upvote 1

Scott Robinson

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I personally don't see the great benefit or idea of an EFB in the VC.

Try the QW 787 or the FF A350 and you will. Or ask anyone flying the real thing who doesn't have to hump a flight case with a ton of paperwork shoved into it about and clip a dog eared approach chart onto their yoke lol. Having the SID or STAR on a big screen just to your left in the P1 seat is great for hand flying the departure or approaches. You don't want to let George have all the fun do you?

Even if you don't want to use it for your flights themselves, having the tutorials an reference manuals available in the VC or even on a linked tablet which mirrors it is great. It puts an end to all that alt-tabbing to a PDF nonsense when learning the things.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, nriddell said:

Once we are through the release period, we will evaluate what product changes to roll back to the XPlane version of the DC-6 and on what timeframe we may make those changes

They said evaluate, not "we are definitely going to update it but we need to know what we are going to roll back". Big difference.

Let's not forget PMDG's big game changer... The 747-8i/F has ground charts :happy: Can't wait to see that implemented!! 

Also, any chance of seeing an update with the 737 & (mainly) 777 to have the PMDG Ground services like the 747 has? It'd make it much more fun to use! Also to implement the 777 with the ACARS in the 3rd FMC like the 747 has? I also would love to see an update about the JS41

4 minutes ago, KRAKE802 said:

Also, any chance of seeing an update with the 737 & (mainly) 777 to have the PMDG Ground services like the 747 has?

Yes this! 

As far as the -8, I just hope any little toys they add to it can be disabled if they are graphics hogs.

Have you worked out the cause and created a fix for the caution light that appears on the 747 that you cannot get rid of? 

Great news!  I always get excited when I read these posts :)   Wonder what's next down the road.  Scimitar winglets for the NGX?  767-400?  Sounds great to me :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coolpilot06 said:

Wonder what's next down the road.

It's a Sopwith Camel, but with an FMC. :cool:

• Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

It's a Sopwith Camel, but with an FMC. :cool:

1721909.jpg

• Upvote 2

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

12 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

UPDATES FOR THE 737, 747 and 777 product lines:

Last weekend we pushed a series of updates for the PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747-400 product lines.  These updates represented a bunch of cleanup details that we collected during the previous couple of months to further stabilize the existing product lines and correct some outstanding flaws.  You can check the PMDG Operations Center and the versions tab of an individual product module to get a rundown on what has been updated.

Thanks for the update, Robert. Much appreciated. Having said that, I was surprised and disappointed that PMDG chose to announce the updates for the 737, 747 and 777 product lines via Facebook while no mention was made on this forum. At least none that I could find. Could you please ensure that in future such updates are posted here as well as on Facebook and vice versa? I don't often go onto Facebook and never go to the PMDG page on Facebook, so it was just sheer dumb luck that there happened to be a post that popped up on my Facebook feed about this update.

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Try the QW 787 or the FF A350 and you will. Or ask anyone flying the real thing who doesn't have to hump a flight case with a ton of paperwork shoved into it about and clip a dog eared approach chart onto their yoke lol. Having the SID or STAR on a big screen just to your left in the P1 seat is great for hand flying the departure or approaches. You don't want to let George have all the fun do you?

Even if you don't want to use it for your flights themselves, having the tutorials an reference manuals available in the VC or even on a linked tablet which mirrors it is great. It puts an end to all that alt-tabbing to a PDF nonsense when learning the things.

Come on, Chock!! I didn't mean, I couldn't see the benefit in the real aircraft! I said in the VC - Virtual Cockpit! I didn't say, that I can't see the benefit of an EBF AT ALL. Please read what I said, before twisting my words.

I have already tried it in the planes you describe and in the Captain Sim 777 and I still can't see the benefit - unless it can be made as a popup!  The job of viewing the EFB in the VC requires zooming to be able to see the charts correctly and panning the view away from instruments and view outside. It's quite a difficult task doing while on final approach or while trying to concentrate on a million other stuff. My personal opinion is, that I find it a gimmick but not really useful. Again, if it could be made as a pop-up I would find is useful - but then I would rather have an external app - I have the AvailaSoft Electronic Flightbag, which is great and I use it for every flight.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471