Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18OCT17] So what is going on at PMDG?

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, rsrandazzo said:

OMG HE JOKED ABOUT KILLING SEALS:  Yeah.  And some of you laughed.  Don't blame me for the fact that some people in this forum have a sick sense of humor.  I stole that club in order to save a seal and only decided later to use it on forum scofflaws...

(And some of you just laughed again!  <gasp>  #ReleaseTheOutrage! :tongue:)

...I think we're good, as long as you don't wrap the club in barbed wire and give it some random female name ;)

15 hours ago, howevr said:

Every time this question is asked it is ignored. I honestly have no idea why they do not say something or even acknoledge that their customers need answers after all this time. To my mind there really is no excuse for this behaviour.

They'll share something when there is something to share. Enough said.

18 hours ago, howevr said:

Well David, I’m guessing that like you I’m one of many that bought JS41 on the promise of Steam compatibility. They even added JS41-SE to the Op Centre ages ago. I now see they have silently removed it, it now just says FSX. It’s over 2 years since reading they were checking for SE compatibility in Feb 2015. I’ve seen references from a PMDG employee saying it was nearly ready years ago. To my knowledge they have never said it would not be made compatible with SE but their actions recently suggest it will not happen. Every time this question is asked it is ignored. I honestly have no idea why they do not say something or even acknoledge that their customers need answers after all this time. To my mind there really is no excuse for this behaviour.

Cheers,

I didn't buy the JS4100 based on a promise of Steam compatibility, but I really want to migrate to an FSX-SE-only setup.   Paul Gollick (Jet-Tech on the forum)  posted on Sep2 2016 that the Steam edition was not yet completed but still planned.   He said they were hoping to wrap it up once the QOSII was released.   

You're right, though, every time the question has come up since then, it is ignored.   This is really a strange way to go about this.   They are kind of a strange company, but they make amazing software.   So you try to just deal with the weirdness (which to me, in terms of customer relations, borders on rudeness).  

Just my opinion.  It's their company and they can do whatever they want.   They obviously feel the same way.

David Norman Paul

@kenb PMDG don't have a 757 product line to provide an update on, nor are they likely to given I understand LevelD is working on a 757.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

55 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@kenb PMDG don't have a 757 product line to provide an update on, nor are they likely to given I understand LevelD is working on a 757.

Supposedly so.

spacer.png

@BoomerWell LevelD post an update every 5 years or so...  we best not get in to a discussion here though about pigs flying and the moon turning in to a hobnob biscuit :laugh:

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

In other news, the polar caps are melting...

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Boomer said:

In other news, the polar caps are melting...

...meteors becoming crashed into us, and the o-zone layer leaving, we are definitely going to blow ourselves up...

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG don't have a 757 product line to provide an update on, nor are they likely to given I understand LevelD is working on a 757.

What a shame. PMDG has a better product, and that includes the FMC. The flight profiles during climb and descent are much better than LevelD's.

...meteors becoming crashed into us, and the o-zone layer leaving, we are definitely going to blow ourselves up...

Kyle, have you been smoking something illegal?

Ken Bonnett

50 minutes ago, kenb said:

Kyle, have you been smoking something illegal?

haha - not illegal here in the lovely Nation's Capital, though no...

It's a reference to a pre-YouTube flash animation that was pretty popular.

I'm not going to link to it due to the language, but you can find it on YouTube now if you'd like, provided you're not offended by a few choice words: The End of the World (AlbinoBlackSheep).

Kyle Rodgers

11 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't forget the sun exploding.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

8 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Don't forget the sun exploding.

Ah! Damn! You're right!

" 'bout that time, eh chaps?"

Kyle Rodgers