Sign in to follow this  
9GTurn

Fly Tampa or Aerosoft Professional Series

Hi,

Am looking to invest in some airport scenery and wanted to know your opinions if I should go for Fly Tampa or Aerosoft.  Who's more realistic, has more surrounding area detailed other than the airfield, copes with AI traffic etc.

Airfields I'm thinking about are, Dubai, Amsterdam and some others around Europe

I have never had issues with any FlyTampa airport add-ons such as Dubai, Amsterdam, et al. They are highly regarded within this Forum.

Flytampa.  Definitely.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Fly Tampa sure, is one team with the same quality level on all sceneries...

Aerosoft is a editor, so quality level is depanding of developpers of different horizons. I have a lot of AS airports mostly are very well too.

There have been several excellent threads on this exact topic (one just yesterday) here on AVSIM.  They contain excellent information, and I would stop by to check them out.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There have been several excellent threads on this exact topic (one just yesterday) here on AVSIM.  They contain excellent information, and I would stop by to check them out.

Best wishes.

Thank you, could you link to it? as I wasn't sure this thread was meant to be in this topic header and I was struggling to find where to start it.

Thanks for the replies so far

FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol is an excellent product, with impressive framerates for such a large amount of detail.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was looking at getting Fly Tampa's Dubai Rebooted. I understand all their products are P3dv4 ready, but from reading the forums it seems installing them is a bit of a chore. Can someone explain in word not allowed terms how to do it?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I did wonder that, as the website storefront doesn't actually say P3D v4 but you need to apply patches to the V3 installers to make then work in P3D v4.

I think it reads/looks more complicated than it is.

17 hours ago, 9GTurn said:

I did wonder that, as the website storefront doesn't actually say P3D v4 but you need to apply patches to the V3 installers to make then work in P3D v4.

I think it reads/looks more complicated than it is.

Yeah, it's strange that they haven't made proper v4 installers by now. Surely it's not that difficult to do? I'm assuming I just have to install the v3 version, but point it at my v4 folder? And then run the update.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I must say my FlyTampa Dubai isn't so great.

WAYYYY out of date and i have texture flickering and other things like that in my PV4

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png