Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Can not use voices, crash

I'm testing (trial license) P2A and have problems with more voices. Anna the default do work in P2A. I have added some more from Microsoft and they work in Windows 7 64 Control panel, can set it to default.

but when I try a voice from the list (it shows all voices I installed) in P2A this error comes up:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Cannot set voice. No matching voice is installed or the voice was disabled.
   at System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.SelectVoice(String name)
   at P2A_2016.modTTSGlobal.SpeakPhrase(String Phrase, Single Rate, Int32 Volume, String voiceName, EventHandler`1 SpeakCompleteEventHandler)
   at P2A_2016.frmConfig.br(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib

How to fix this? Must be possible, it works in Windows!?

Per W Sweden

Not all voices that work in Windows will work in P2A.  They must be SAPI 5 compliant voices meant for use on Desktop PCs.  Mobile voices don't work. 

There are a number of "free" voices that will "install" on windows but they do not work.  In several years of looking, there are no free voices that work. 

You can install additional Windows language packs and those SAPI 5 voices that come with these packs work.  Other than that, only voices that you purchase will work.  While the thread mentioned by Bill is for Windows 10, the higher versions of Windows 7 allow you install additional language packs also.

OK thanks for the info. I will test P2A with only Anna to see if P2A is what I want.

If it does I'll get it and also a package of Ivona voices, a lot of people talks about how great they are.

Have seen videos at Youtube with P2A and Ivona and it sounds great, real voices instead of some artificial sounds.

Thanks, time for first test flight

Per W Sweden