Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

User.wpt and Orbx Meigs Field

Since Meigs Field is closed and Orbx reopened it, the waypoint is not in the nav database.

Open the user.wpt file located here; C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN and add - KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079

In the GTN go to the Waypoint Info page then Import Waypoints.

• Upvote 3

Thank you Bill, I can't count how much time I've landed on this field. It was also basically the first airport I probably have started to fly with flight simulator on my Amiga 500! At the time, FS on Amiga 500 has got textured gauges and panels, 4 channels sound, while on PC it was only wireframe and producing buzzer like sound through the mono channel PC speaker!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you Bill, I can't count how much time I've landed on this field. It was also basically the first airport I probably have started to fly with flight simulator on my Amiga 500! At the time, FS on Amiga 500 has got textured gauges and panels, 4 channels sound, while on PC it was only wireframe and producing buzzer like sound through the mono channel PC speaker!

Ah... the memories.

My Dad introduced me to flight sim on a Commodore some 27 years ago. If he saw how far we've come, he would amazed.

i have started on Atari ST (Flight Sim 2). if i remember, the startup position was at Oakland.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

THOSE were the days! Sublogic Flight Simulator II: the first slideshow in computer history, years before Power point.

Meigs Champaign VOR to VOR at a whoppy 5 fps! And the first time I saw Sears Tower (a white vertical line) ...

And yet we had fun, didn't we?

Andrea

sure !

i had fun with this one on Amstrad CPC 464 in 1985 ! my very first sim. The Screen was refreshing 1 time every 4 or 5 seconds ;)

BH-_Q.jpg

Hi, this doesn't count, my very first flight simulator was this one, proudly flying on a ZX81:

Psion_Flight_Simulation_on_ZX81.png

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

wow, my first computer too, a ZX81 !

On 10/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, bills511 said:

Since Meigs Field is closed and Orbx reopened it, the waypoint is not in the nav database.

Open the user.wpt file located here; C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN and add - KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079

In the GTN go to the Waypoint Info page then Import Waypoints.

Hi Bill,

I can't find the option to Import Waypoints on the GTN, only in the F1 version. Am I missing something?

Tks!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

1 hour ago, zazaboeing said:

Hi Bill,

I can't find the option to Import Waypoints on the GTN, only in the F1 version. Am I missing something?

Tks!

Hi Rafael,
Make sure you have a user.wpt file in the FPLN folder. If not create a (notepad) text file, copy & paste KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079 then save file as User.wpt located here: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN)
The option to Import Waypoints will only appear if there is a user.wpt present in the FLPN folder.

Edited by bills511
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Bill!! That worked!

• Upvote 1

Rafael Henrique Carelli