Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
bills511

User.wpt and Orbx Meigs Field

Recommended Posts

Since Meigs Field is closed and Orbx reopened it, the waypoint is not in the nav database.

Open the user.wpt file located here; C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN and add - KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079

In the GTN go to the Waypoint Info page then Import Waypoints.

  • Upvote 3

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Bill, I can't count how much time I've landed on this field. It was also basically the first airport I probably have started to fly with flight simulator on my Amiga 500! At the time, FS on Amiga 500 has got textured gauges and panels, 4 channels sound, while on PC it was only wireframe and producing buzzer like sound through the mono channel PC speaker!


Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you Bill, I can't count how much time I've landed on this field. It was also basically the first airport I probably have started to fly with flight simulator on my Amiga 500! At the time, FS on Amiga 500 has got textured gauges and panels, 4 channels sound, while on PC it was only wireframe and producing buzzer like sound through the mono channel PC speaker!

Ah... the memories.

My Dad introduced me to flight sim on a Commodore some 27 years ago. If he saw how far we've come, he would amazed.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THOSE were the days! Sublogic Flight Simulator II: the first slideshow in computer history, years before Power point.

Meigs Champaign VOR to VOR at a whoppy 5 fps! And the first time I saw Sears Tower (a white vertical line) ...

And yet we had fun, didn't we?

Andrea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure !

i had fun with this one on Amstrad CPC 464 in 1985 ! my very first sim. The Screen was refreshing 1 time every 4 or 5 seconds ;)

 

BH-_Q.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this doesn't count, my very first flight simulator was this one, proudly flying on a ZX81:

Psion_Flight_Simulation_on_ZX81.png


Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, bills511 said:

Since Meigs Field is closed and Orbx reopened it, the waypoint is not in the nav database.

Open the user.wpt file located here; C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN and add - KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079

In the GTN go to the Waypoint Info page then Import Waypoints.

Hi Bill,

I can't find the option to Import Waypoints on the GTN, only in the F1 version. Am I missing something?

 

Tks!


___________________________________________________

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zazaboeing said:

Hi Bill,

I can't find the option to Import Waypoints on the GTN, only in the F1 version. Am I missing something?

 

Tks!

Hi Rafael,
Make sure you have a user.wpt file in the FPLN folder. If not create a (notepad) text file, copy & paste KCGX,Meigs Field,41.8589,-87.6079 then save file as User.wpt located here: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN)
The option to Import Waypoints will only appear if there is a user.wpt present in the FLPN folder.

Edited by bills511
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bill!! That worked!

  • Upvote 1

___________________________________________________

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,660.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...