Sign in to follow this  
Jeroen Post

Strange SSAA behaviour

Since installing v4.1 i have a strange scenery error when applying SSAA.
The ground turns from normal to black and back to normal. In MSAA i have no problems.

You can see it in de video here: 

Things i have tried already:

Fresh install of v4.1 (problem remains, also in default scenery)
Reinstalled nvidea drivers
Reinstalled ORBX scenery

Does anybody have a clue?

Hi Jeroen,

That is the weirdest thing I have seen for a while, can you monitor your GPU / CPU load when this is happening? I just wonder if you are hitting the limits of some components of your system.

Apart from that, can you post pictures of your display settings / Nvidia Inspector? that will allow people on this forum to see your configuration and identify possible causes.

Best Regards,

Simbol

Your GPU Cores are hitting 99% Jeroen, I think you are at your limit..

Reduce your texture filtering from 16x to 4x or 2x to see if the problem alleviates a bit.

Regards,

Simbol

Untick Dynamic 3D autogen...

Jorge ...you are overloading your Video Card as Simbol said..

Jorge

Hello,

I had the same issue. Are you applying tweaks using PTA?

I fixed my issue by manually editing the cloud shader so that thopat custom tweaks are correctly applied.

Wasca

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, wasca said:

Hello,

I had the same issue. Are you applying tweaks using PTA?

I fixed my issue by manually editing the cloud shader so that thopat custom tweaks are correctly applied.

Wasca

That did the trick!

Thnx, it's solved now

I see that as well with the preset from Adam. Could you please elaborate a little bit more how you solved the issue? Thanks :-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The problem for me was when applying the third block of the cloud custom tweaks, it was not properly applied which somehow resulted in this weird terrain effect. I solved by manually editing the cloud shader file so that the patch was properly applied. I am not at my computer now, I am afraid I can't provide more details.

Wish I'd seen this 2 hours ago before committing to reinstalling P3D and subsequently formatting my PC ha!

Having this same issue lol. Clouds expanding and contracting and terrain going from normal to black and normal again.

Uncheck the 3rd cloud shader box, just leave the 1st and second box checked. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's