Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

A response to Rob "So whats going on at PMDG"

Hi Rob,

At some point in time you said that PMDG was looking into the issue that not allows any PMDG planes to be loaded on top of each other or directly without first having a default plane set to the initial P3D scenario setup page.

As you now gave us a brief view of what is going on at PMDG I just wondered if solving this issue is "going on at PMDG" or has been thrown in the Bin.

This is an annoying issue that I hope PMDG will solve.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Loading the default plane then loading the addon is also the procedure for Flight 1 planes. I just assumed this was a FS requirement, not something that could be changed by the developers.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Actually, not all Flight 1 aeroplanes, it says in the QW 787 manual that you don't have to do that with their shiny new airliner, which I will admit came as a surprise to me.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They solved the "creeping thrust" on the 747, maybe this is the next holy graille.

David Porrett

Bonjour,

It is very annoying as a product like FSIPanel doesn't work anymore since the last release of PMDG planes. That doesn't means it is a PMDG problem, but only LM can investigate to find a solution with PMDG or Flight1.

Cheers

Claude Troncy

This has already been addressed in the intro manual. It says to not load it on too of the default airplanes. At least for p3d.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

11 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

This has already been addressed in the intro manual. It says to not load it on too of the default airplanes. At least for p3d.

I know what is stated in the doc. But, I asked if a solution was "going on".

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

17 hours ago, roarkr said:

Hi Rob,

Who's Rob?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, roarkr said:

I know what is stated in the doc. But, I asked if a solution was "going on".

Very few see this as a problem.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Who's Rob?

blaustern

The Elvis Presley of flight sim.

• Upvote 2

Vic green

Preloading a basic aircraft before a big hitter doesn't seem to be required with P3Dv4, in my experience. FSL and PMDG, at least, don't require this anymore.

As far as flying, say, the 737ngx and then loading the 747 after without a P3D restart, yeah. This doesn't work. 

Is it some deficiency on PMDG's part? I doubt it. More likely, an inherent part of P3D's structure. If it was only some bit of coding magic, I would bet the perfectionists at PMDG would have done something about this long ago.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

31 minutes ago, downscc said:

Very few see this as a problem.

Disagree, I find it extremely annoying and have hear others complain.  It's an understood limitation, so I don't think there's much chatter as people know they'll get blowback if they say anything

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to save a flight and practice the same landing a few times without having to restart the sim.  I love the plane, but that is a MAJOR limitation.  The plane (specifically manual landings) require a lot a practice to get them right.  I can't imagine there aren't a lot of users that feel the same

4 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

The plane (specifically manual landings) require a lot a practice to get them right.

I couldn't reload a Cessna 152/172 on final in my flight training either. Do another lap. Try again. The extra hand time to fly the downwind will assist you for the landing. You might not think so, but it will.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I couldn't reload a Cessna 152/172 on final in my flight training either. Do another lap. Try again. The extra hand time to fly the downwind will assist you for the landing. You might not think so, but it will.

Still though, utilities like FSi or FS-Flight Control that give the user the ability to spawn the aircraft on a 10nm final, or left base entry, and fly this over and over should be doable.

Practicing like this saves time, focuses on the exact phase of flight, plus you could get 5 landings in the same time that would normally be one or two.

Ive used FSi until it stopped working and it was great! I'd love the ability to just reload a PMDG save flight over and over without issue to get me by.

They do training just like this in the Level-D's, as the end user we should be able to do the same.