Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

A response to Rob "So whats going on at PMDG"

10 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to save a flight and practice the same landing a few times without having to restart the sim.

This might work... Make sure the default flight is the stock one and start the sim. Load the PMDG, fly to your approach point, pause the sim, save the PMDG flight, load the default flight file of the stock version, only now load the saved PMDG flight. Problem with 737, OK with P3Dv3 but in P3Dv4 gear might fall through the tarmac, always restart the sim for that one.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

They do training just like this in the Level-D's, as the end user we should be able to do the same.

P3D is not a Level D simulator.  There are a lot of preloads done within P3D before selecting a scenario that PMDG has no control over and initializing a session is a lot more complex when most of your processing is outside the box while the box is doing something else.  Believe me, this is not easy with a complex simulation with the ESP architecture.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Still though, utilities like FSi or FS-Flight Control that give the user the ability to spawn the aircraft on a 10nm final, or left base entry, and fly this over and over should be doable.

Practicing like this saves time, focuses on the exact phase of flight, plus you could get 5 landings in the same time that would normally be one or two.

Ive used FSi until it stopped working and it was great! I'd love the ability to just reload a PMDG save flight over and over without issue to get me by.

They do training just like this in the Level-D's, as the end user we should be able to do the same.

Didn't say that it was entirely invalid. Just offering up the alternative. In a Level-D sim, you're paying quite a lot of money and have a lot of people behind you needing to get in the sim. Your sim at home doesn't have this limitation (though some people do have other time constraints, I understand...still, the hours in your sim at home aren't at the rate of a D sim, which is part of the reason they do that).

Kyle Rodgers

Roar,

I would very much like to resolve this.  In fact it has been on my hit list for... lets see here...  fifteen years now.

The issue is priorities and importance.  Right now it is not a priority given all of the other tasks we have in front of us.  It does not critically impact the operation of the product, so it isn't something that must be solved immediately.

I would be careful about evaluating it's presence as an issue in one product versus another.  I can EASILY cure the problem in the 747-400, but in doing so we have to eliminate a significant amount of the actual simulation process that give our products depth and realism.

If I were to bet- I think we will probably be close to elimination once we delete FSX/FSX-SE and P3D v3 from the product lineup because P3D v4 is a significantly more robust and developer friendly platform...  But that won't happen in the near term...

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Roar,

One of the simulation greats has awoken!:biggrin:

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Right now it is not a priority given all of the other tasks we have in front of us.  It does not critically impact the operation of the product, so it isn't something that must be solved immediately.

Bonjour Rob,

I perfectly understand what you said, but other products like FSIPanel which reposition the A/C when practising approach are difficult to use now, since the last PMDG update.

I read on the FSIPanel forum that you told the developper, you will investigate to find a solution.

Sure it is certainly not an easy problem to resolve, LM always said to see with PMDG... But for me it is not so obvious. 

As I do not know where  is really the problem, it is difficult to have an opinion. By the way if someone can explain what is going on in technical words, I am on it... just to understand.

Cheers

Claude   

Claude Troncy

Claude,

If I knew what it was- we would have solved it quite some time ago- and I am not prone to have a technical discussion with someone not on our team and not involved in our development process.  :cool:

I'm sorry that it impacts your ability to use other products- but that doesn't weigh into my workflow even remotely.  This limitation has been present in our products since 2005, and if I have to choose between what is already on my agenda or trying to rebuild the entire core structure of our product lines in order to interface with something we don't even support...  Well...  The hard truth is that I'm going to stick to our agenda as it is.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

On 10/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, downscc said:

P3D is not a Level D simulator.  There are a lot of preloads done within P3D before selecting a scenario that PMDG has no control over and initializing a session is a lot more complex when most of your processing is outside the box while the box is doing something else.  Believe me, this is not easy with a complex simulation with the ESP architecture.

Heck o.O 

P3D is event driven? 

Oh and by the way is it normal that a ticket i've submitted on October 14 is still not answered?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

I am not prone to have a technical discussion with someone not on our team and not involved in our development process

Rob,

OK, as someone, I can understand.
 I was not looking for specific very technical informations, but I always thought it was better to explain to customers when something is not working as he expects. May be I am wrong !

Now I can see that PMDG has no idea of what is going on, so it is difficult to give some informations. I can understand that too. 

To be frank, I thought the problem was  mainly on the LM side, and could only be solved by the 2 companies.

For having seen a lot of dead lock in interprocess, I can perfectly understand that it is not easy to solve.

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

The hard truth is that I'm going to stick to our agenda as it is.

I do not understand why the FSIPanel developper says that you are looking for a solution.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

I never loaded a default plane before loading any addon aircraft in FSX/P3D and have been absolutely fine for all these years on various diferent systems. Don't know why people run into said problem.

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, serviceceiling said:

I never loaded a default plane before loading any addon aircraft in FSX/P3D and have been absolutely fine for all these years on various diferent systems. Don't know why people run into said problem.

When you load up the sim and it gets to the screen to select plane place and plan, you can see the current aircraft selected? That's from the default flight that was loaded up to the scenery. So in effect we all load a default plane first.

On 22.10.2017 at 1:24 PM, SteveW said:

When you load up the sim and it gets to the screen to select plane place and plan, you can see the current aircraft selected? That's from the default flight that was loaded up to the scenery. So in effect we all load a default plane first.

Nope. I had addon aircraft set as default for ages. From the A2A Cessna, to the PMDG 777, Aerosoft Airbus or the Majestic Q400 now. Never had any problems. 

1 minute ago, serviceceiling said:

Nope. I had addon aircraft set as default for ages. From the A2A Cessna, to the PMDG 777, Aerosoft Airbus or the Majestic Q400 now. Never had any problems. 

You are loading your default flight exactly as I say - whatever that flight may be is your choice.

"When you load up the sim and it gets to the screen to select plane place and plan, you can see the current aircraft selected? That's from the default flight that was loaded up to the scenery. So in effect we all load a default plane first."

I said - when you start the sim and it goes to the scenario page it loads whatever aircraft from the flight file you have set up as your default flight file.

The problem with loading other than simple aircraft is that It is possible that some aircraft, depending on what they do, might fail to load after some aircraft are loaded.

Those aircraft reported used by serviceiling didn't cause issues, his words.

...and if you set the sim up to start right into the flight, the default flight, the flight you chose to make the default flight is the one loaded, including the scenery. If we don't want to load that we can from Explorer choose a flight file and choose "Open with..." to get to the sim with that plane and place loaded first.

If we don't experience problems loading an addon aircraft first followed by another aircraft then that's great news.

So long as we are aware there are some that cause issues. Personal experiences might not include problems as we all know.