Sign in to follow this  
Bandselect

FSX Crash Error creating child window

I thought I had this sorted out, but after reducing my Envtex texture levels, the situation returned while flying the Queen. The error dialog that froze FSX was "Error creating child window." and occurred when I was selected the FMC for enlarged direct entry view (2d). This follows the update to the latest Windows 10 version and update of all PMDG in the Ops center.  Thanks for any ideas.

Scott Robinson

In the event viewer this is what I found:

-Provider

[ Name]Application Popup

[ Guid]{47BFA2B7-BD54-4FAC-B70B-29021084CA8F}

EventID26

Version0

Level4

Task0

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2017-10-18T21:53:13.425102700Z

EventRecordID471

Correlation

-Execution

[ ProcessID]704

[ ThreadID]720

ChannelSystem

ComputerDESKTOP-HTV6T35

-Security

[ UserID]S-1-5-18

-EventData

CaptionMicrosoft Flight Simulator

MessageError creating child window

Scott Robinson

Guest alanmetcalf

Hi

I am having this problem also since the fall creators update, but on the PMDG 737. I have tried all the usual to no avail. Have submitted a ticket.

Regards

Alan Metcalf

Alan - I had a disk image with 1703 version and reverted back. Paul with tech support was very helpful and pointed out some KBs that had broken PMDG software or the sim. Good luck with this issue - hopefully the MS patch or update will fix the issue.

Scott Robinson

Scott Robinson

+1

It seems FSX add-ons are hit by this bug. FSX and all original menus/windows works fine, not tested all though. But when I click on one FMC to open it as a separate window, I get the error that a child window cant be created and FSX slowly crashes and drags Active Sky 2016 with in the fall. The same happens when i try to start FS2 Crew menu or GSX  Ground services.

I have both QOTSII and 737NGX.

EDIT: This bug appeared today after Fall creators update. Clean install earlier this week, worked perfectly until Windows 10 update.
I run FSX:SE by the way.

Mikael Hildingsson
Sweden

Edited by hvilding