Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

How to install update v1.20.8443 for NGX

I have just reinstalled my P3D which is still version 2.5 and prior to that I have unistalled PMDG product for it. After that I went to my account on PMDG and downloaded installers, but now I end up with message that it is only for v3 or v4 P3D. What to do? I don't want to spend more money as I was satisfied with what I had. But where to find installers that I originally purchased for version 2.X??

2 hours ago, jasko1998 said:

I have just reinstalled my P3D which is still version 2.5 and prior to that I have unistalled PMDG product for it. After that I went to my account on PMDG and downloaded installers, but now I end up with message that it is only for v3 or v4 P3D. What to do? I don't want to spend more money as I was satisfied with what I had. But where to find installers that I originally purchased for version 2.X??

This is certainly off topic.  Please note PMDG forum rules require our full names on all posts.

Where to find your original installers?  I assume you kept them in a safe place.  There is simply no reasonable way for PMDG to maintain backwards compatibility with P3Dv2.5, v3.4 or later is now required.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

This is certainly off topic.  Please note PMDG forum rules require our full names on all posts.

Where to find your original installers?  I assume you kept them in a safe place.  There is simply no reasonable way for PMDG to maintain backwards compatibility with P3Dv2.5, v3.4 or later is now required.

Thanks for help, by the way I didn't see your name on your post?

Just now, jasko1998 said:

Thanks for help, by the way I didn't see your name on your post?

Are you using a mobile device?  It is there viewable in a browser.

Dan Downs KCRP

One last question. When I updated from version 1C to 1D, the aircraft in all of my saved flights stopped working with lots of errors. This was a know side effect of the update. I had to go back and recreate all the flights I used for scenario training from scratch which was a lot of  work. With this update will I have to again recreate all my saved flights? I am at Version 1.10.6461.

Greg Clark

Greg Clark

57 minutes ago, greg100o said:

One last question. When I updated from version 1C to 1D, the aircraft in all of my saved flights stopped working with lots of errors. This was a know side effect of the update. I had to go back and recreate all the flights I used for scenario training from scratch which was a lot of  work. With this update will I have to again recreate all my saved flights? I am at Version 1.10.6461.

Greg Clark

Greg:  You are pretty far behind, so it is possible but I think it is unlikely.  In any event, you can still use your saved flights.  The problem will be in the panel state so worst case is you load a scenario and have to load a new panel state.

Dan Downs KCRP

Greg,

On 11/9/2017 at 7:57 PM, greg100o said:

Thanks, appreciate the support!

Greg

What were the exact steps you took to fix the problem of the <FOLDER_SIM2>\ error when running the install. And how did you fix the updating problem? I have the same problem.

thanks

Cub Meyer

1 hour ago, meyercub said:

Greg,

What were the exact steps you took to fix the problem of the <FOLDER_SIM2>\ error when running the install. And how did you fix the updating problem? I have the same problem.

thanks

Cub Meyer

Fully uninstall and the new reinstall via the new installer.

Kyle Rodgers