Sign in to follow this  
The777Flyer

What is that airport???

Hello,

from a few month now, Im looking for an Airport I don't remember the name, here is the destription (its in Default FSX)

-1 Asphalt Runway + Parallel water rectangle beside it (Probably a Water runway) same length

-USA, Inland, I remember hills or mountains

-All parkings and building were on the opposite side of the Asphalt runway

-the taxiway reachs the water runway

-in the name, If I remember well, theres shound be one of these words (I can be wrong; Its been 3-4 years I did now flew there)

Creek, Bay, Glacier, Ice, Lake (something meaning cold environment)

I hope someone know it :)

Regards;

Marc

OG39 Longview Ranch Airport?  Orbx product.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

OG39 Longview Ranch Airport?  Orbx product.

Judging from google maps satellite view, I think you nailed it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I though it was when I searched :P; bot no.... Actually, the description I given is a Default Airport, maint asphalt runway ans a water runway, same lenght and parallel.

59 minutes ago, The777Flyer said:

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I though it was when I searched :P; bot no.... Actually, the description I given is a Default Airport, maint asphalt runway ans a water runway, same lenght and parallel.

Maybe, Juneau International then?  Was it a big or a small airport?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Itt was small; general aviation only, If im correct is not in Alaska, it is isolated, (desert environment) closelt city is not visible while on ground

You could look for at Orbx: https://orbxdirect.com/

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hi,

I suggest you try a search with a tool like Little Navmap or with Plan-G.

Little Navmap has a search function for Airports or Navaids.

Searching for the word creek in Little Navmap renders three results (all Creeksides in the US): 03XS, 5CL8 and D67.

Creekside 5CL8 for instance looks really interesting but of course I am not sure if it would be the one you are looking for; it's just an example for an interesting search result.

Unfortunately searching with wildcards seems not to be supported; but it's better than nothing.

Cheers
Frank

Edited by mdata

Hello,

just looked at ORBX it but nothing :( I think I think the name is  something like "... creek" or bay or glacier....

The best I remember is the artfician water runway besite the asphalt one, taxiway reaching to the Water, parallel and same lenght

Thank you verry much for helping me though :) greatly appreciated

EDIT: Nice catch with Creekside 5CL8 (I noot looked I it went I saw the name, but really interresting :), thanks for that one)

7 hours ago, The777Flyer said:

Itt was small; general aviation only, If im correct is not in Alaska, it is isolated, (desert environment) closelt city is not visible while on ground

The mystery goes on! If it's got the word 'glacier' in its name it's probably unlikely to be in a desert.

Bill

hi,

As I said, Im not sure about that, but I think the name refer to a cold environment, but I can be wrong

Nice! Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |