Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

FS2004 YBWW (Wellcamp Toowoomba)

Hello all,

I just downloaded and installed YBWW  (a fairly new airport) but FS2004 simply does not recognise it. In fact if I go to airport YBWW it comes up with Weipa ( just a cuppla kms away LOL)

How can I update the database to include YBWW ... any ideas?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Did you try going there through the addon airport section yet? On the bottom right of the airport menu is a selector labelled "search addon scenery".

Sascha,

Pardon my  ignorance mate.  I don't know where I can find that.  I downloaded it, installed it into a new YBWW folder in addon scenery and then activated it. That process seems ok.

The problem occurs if I want to "go to airport" (World, in task bar) - YBWW. If I type in YBWW it takes me to a selection of Weipa (far north Queensland) There is no sign of it in the FS9 airport directory. so I assume that it is FS9 airport data that is the problem as it never existed in FS9 when it came out and it is a relatively new airport.

I will get back to you mate as I am not at the computer but will get at it post haste. I hink I have worked out what you are getting at and NO I have not tried that.

C16thFoxe. I think it is an FS9 download as I found it somewhere in the OZx FS9 download section.  I may well be wrong but even if it was an fsx airport it should still show up but in a very corrupted form I would think.

I will get back to both of you guys shortly

Thanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Sascha,

I think  C16thFoxe may be on the right track.

I tried the add-on scenery and it wasn't there. I tried the YBWW again and could not find it in default scenery. I tried Wellcamp and up she came. Selected it and it came up with a dark cockpit and black as ink outside. I went to World "time and season" and changed it to day settings. Oddly, nothing changed. I have to assume that matey, (above) was INDEED correct. It has to be FSX scenery

The next question is "is it possible to convert that scenery to FS9 because I would very much doubt a new developer is going to do it for FS2004 and I would love it for my sim of preference. My brother worked as the ops manager for Eastland Air when it was alive and I flew many times from YTWB to YBBN in small aircraft.  I have never been in or out of Wellcamp.

So any help would be appreciated and special thanks tyo C16thFoxe and Sascha for their help so far.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

sascha,

No mate, that, I am pretty sure, is YBOK an army aviation base/  YTWB is the original Toowoomba airport, has been there for years and mostly GA whereas Wellcamp (YBWW) is big enought to accommodate a 747 and only a couple of years old

I got my download from OZx 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/26524-staff-scenery-ozx-ybww-brisbane-west-wellcamp-airport/

This is one of their Staff Files and it's definitely for FSX/P3D. They have a dedicated FS9 Downloads section but there are only 22 files there.

You could try to convert it to FS9 with ModelConverterX, if you know what you're doing with MCX of course, but the results may not be too good - if the scenery creator himself didn't bother, it's probably not worth it.

Okay, colour me confused :huh:  Have found 3 versions of YBWW - the one over at aussiex which requires aussiex (?) Library Objects, a version by Sean Harrison (ybww.zip) complied with ADE and SBuilderX313, and ybww_brisbane_west.zip by Nick Langley which is an ADEX AFCAD (the latter two here in the Avsim library).

You could try and recomplie the ADEX AFCAD to an ADE9 AFCAD (don't really know if that works but ... nothing ventured, nothing gained ... )

Dorian 

Hey guys,

I think I may have to abandon this as I dont think I have enough skills or knowledge for a conversion.

So sad but I have managed thus far without it so I guess I can continue.

Thanks everyone for your contributions though and as usual, they are very much appreciated

Cheers

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.