Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Loosing thrust

Hi

All of a sudden I am having a huge problem with my thrust (I think) in P3D v4.

I load the default flight, then switch aircraft to the default Baron. I take off OK but after a few minutes I seem to loose all power and just keep descending. My throttles are at full and also my propeller speed is at max. I have plenty of fuel and the yoke and trim wheel are working OK. Even when I turn the autopilot on the aircraft will not keep it's altitude. I have even had the engines turn off in mid flight.

I deleted my P3D.cfg but that did not help.

I don"t really want to uninstall and start over again, but I am pulling my hair out to discover what is wrong.

Any help is very much greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Thanks n99wb, but I have auto mixture ticked. I just noticed that just before it happens, both my fuel flow gauges go to zero. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Many thanks.

You probably have some control or switch mapped to the fuel cutoff.. have a look at your assignments..

Jorge

Thanks Jorge. I have no fuel cutoff in assignments. If I just sit on the tarmac and touch nothing, the engines cut out after a few minutes. Very frustrating. If anyone has any ideas, they would be very welcome.

Thanks.

All planes or just the Baron?

What happens if you tick "unlimited fuel" in realism settings?

What does your fuel flow look like?

N99WB

Hi N99WB

Thanks for the help. It happens to all planes. I ticked unlimited fuel and the engines turned off by themselves after about 4 minutes. I just hope that it is something simple and I don"t have to re-install.

John

I had an issue with my Saitek throttles where, for some reason, all I could get was 86%.  Hover over the throttles when you have them at 100% and see if they really are at a 100%.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Check your "Failures" settings.  Maybe a timed engine failure has been armed.

N99WB 

What part of the world are you flying in?  You could be suffering carb icing, try turning on carb heat. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Thanks for the help guys. My throttles are at 100%. No failures are set and I am flying in Australia.

Do I have to switch fuel tanks or something like that? I have been flying for years and never had a problem like this.

Thanks.

John

Plug your controller into a different USB port and re calibrate.

Create a new flight, with the Barron, from scratch, at a different airport.

Hit OK.

Bring menu bar up.

Check Vehicle==>Fuel/Payload.

In the 2D cockpit, click the thrust quadrant icon to show your tank selector settings.

Start the engines with Ctrl-E.

Bring the RPM up to 1200.

Sit and watch fuel gauges, fuel flow and tank settings.

Good luck!

N99WB

Thanks N99WB.

OK, I did all of the above. When I start the engines, the mixture controls goes to 100%. After a few minutes the mixture controls drop to zero, and immediately the fuel flow drops and the engines cut out. I had automixture on, then I turned it off and the engines still cut out.

To my way of thinking, it must have something to do with the mixture but I cannot understand what it is. 

Any help gratefully appreciated.

John

Go here and rename the standard.xml file and see if that helps.

user\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls\Standard.xml

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors