Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

PC-12 pulling to the left - why?

37 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that, Ray. Regrettably do not not have P3Dv3. Have a licence for it but moved on since to v4..

Patience is a virtue, so if I have waited for a heap of others, am sure can wait for it to be updated to v4.1

If you have the licence then install it Rick. There won't be a v4 Concorde for some time yet.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The trim controls are there, not under cover..

Little aircraft symbols next to them that move.

Bert

Thanks Bert. Must have been the only things I didn’t click! :biggrin:

I’ve found another problem. Those of us who have GoFlight radio modules can use them to change COM and NAV frequencies. However the ADF does not respond. You have to use that fiddly control and then switch from Standby to Active. Dreadful control with hundreds, tenths, units and decimal places. Uurrgghh.

Is there an official forum where I can report these things. Similar problem with parking brake which is covered by the throttle when fully retracted and doesn’t respond to CTRL+Period.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, softreset said:

This is Carenado's only official channel -

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This forum is user-to-user.

Thanks. I’ve raised a ticket over the p/b and ADF issues.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Proper technique would be aileron to keep wings level, the aileron trim to relieve the pressure on the controls.Then rudder to keep the plane coordinated. Rudder trim to relieve the rudder pressure once all is configured. Many aircraft require trim adjustments with power changes especially those with large powerful propellers.

• Upvote 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

Proper technique would be aileron to keep wings level, the aileron trim to relieve the pressure on the controls.Then rudder to keep the plane coordinated. Rudder trim to relieve the rudder pressure once all is configured. Many aircraft require trim adjustments with power changes especially those with large powerful propellers.

Thanks Kerry. How nice to hear from you after so many years. Do you remember me and Dave Trantham visiting you back in ‘98? Hope life is good for you in Charlotte. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve found another problem. Those of us who have GoFlight radio modules can use them to change COM and NAV frequencies. However the ADF does not respond. You have to use that fiddly control and then switch from Standby to Active. Dreadful control with hundreds, tenths, units and decimal places. Uurrgghh.

Not sure why your controls would not work.. the ADF radio uses standard FS variables..

But if you would like a popup ADF to try, where you can use the mouse wheel on individual digits.. edit your panel.cfg file  (back up first)

Open and close with shift+7

[Window06]
//file=info.bmp
size_mm=600,653
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=10150
window_size= 0.337, 0.150
window_pos=  0.010, 0.020

//gauge00=PC12CAR!ToggleCARINFO,  10,10,400,100
gauge00=GaugePC12!Radio_KR87_ADF_2D, 0,  0, 600,653

Bert

>How nice to hear from you after so many years. Do you remember me and Dave Trantham visiting you back in ‘98? Hope life is good for you in Charlotte

Hi Ray,

Of course I remember. It was a really fun afternoon. I'm no longer in Charlotte. Been in Savannah Georgia since 2007. If you ever find yourself in this part of the world again be sure to let me know. It would be nice to get together again!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

@Bert Pieke, thanks for the code. I did double-check the ADF and it's definitely not reacting to the value I set on the GoFlight GF166 unit. I have logged a ticket with Carenado. Let's see what they say.

@GACSavannah, thanks for the invite Kerry. It's unlikely I'll be visiting the US but if I do and I'm in your area I'll certainly let you know.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather