Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

FSLabs A320 P3D V4

This is the most expensive single add on I have ever purchased - and having downloaded it - I see no guidelines or instructions as to what to do - so assume it has been installed (which it has in my add on folder) - but I cannot see it in the vehicle list when I open P3D V4. Surely this is crazy - never experienced this with any other product.

What do I need to do to find the plane so I can fly it?

George Westwell

It should appear if you search for A320 in the aircraft list. If not, I guess it isn't installed properly.

Docs should be in C:\Program Files\FlightSimLabs\A320X\P3Dv4\Documentation

The manual are there in the 'start' menu - but I do not understand why I cannot find the A320 in the aircraft list. Surely it should install properly and if not I should get an error message. I simply do not know what to do next.

George Westwell

6 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

The manual are there in the 'start' menu - but I do not understand why I cannot find the A320 in the aircraft list. Surely it should install properly and if not I should get an error message. I simply do not know what to do next.

You have to start P3D as an administrator.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Tried that. If I try and reinstall (without uninstalling) I get a message that the programme is already installed - so it is going to quit - so if it is already installed - why am I unable to see it? Just for info - when I upgraded to V4.1 - I did the full install. 

George Westwell

22 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

This is the most expensive single add on I have ever purchased - and having downloaded it - I see no guidelines or instructions as to what to do - so assume it has been installed (which it has in my add on folder) - but I cannot see it in the vehicle list when I open P3D V4. Surely this is crazy - never experienced this with any other product.

What do I need to do to find the plane so I can fly it?

Right-Click you desktop P3Dv4.1 shortcut and run its as Administrator. You will then see it listed in Select Vehicle after the default F-22.

In your Drive Letter\Program Files\ you will see a very very extensive documentation about everything you need to know about this plane.

Thanks officercrockery - that was my solution - out of curiousity - did I miss that fact during the purchasing and installation process? Now I need to go and learn how to fly this beauty

George Westwell

You might want to go to FSLabs forum where the developers hang out. They can help you figure out your problem.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

25 minutes ago, mwilk said:

You might want to go to FSLabs forum where the developers hang out. They can help you figure out your problem.

he  has  solved  his  issue  already  by  running  his  sim as  admi

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You have to start P3D as an administrator

You can't be serious? No other aircraft that I have ever purchased has required me to run as administrator just to see an aircraft that I have installed :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You can't be serious? No other aircraft that I have ever purchased has required me to run as administrator just to see an aircraft that I have installed. That's ridiculous.

Ever since the FSX days its always been recommended to run as administrator just to make sure the sim ran without restrictions. Its hardly a big issue to go in the shortcut settings and set it to always as admin.

In this case I'm guessing its down to all the 3rd party stuff that runs when you select the aircraft and click fly.

42 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

and thanks also vc10man

No sweat. You're most welcome.