Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

FSLabs A320

I'd tend to agree that as good as the FSL A320 is, it's a right bloody faff to install liveries, it's actually quicker and easier to paint a real A320 than it is to get hold of a repaint for the FSL one. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is absolutely madness - so after some searching - FSLabs wants me to change my display name and enter proof of purchase - I have NO problem doing that - well actually I do because they make it so difficult to do so. I went to my account settings - but could not see the option to change my display name to my real name - never got beyond that. Never had such an issue.  My recommendation to the team at FSLabs - wtach what the likes of PMDG and Orbx do and follow suit - it works!

George Westwell

19 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

My recommendation to the team at FSLabs - wtach what the likes of PMDG and Orbx do and follow suit

PMDG require your real name just like FSLabs.
Additionally ORBX requires your purchase ID shown in the forums.
So look like FSLabs are not that bad... :wink:

19 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

I went to my account settings - but could not see the option to change my display name to my real name

There is no special option like this. Just go to your Profile settings and change your current forum name to your real name, e.g. John Doe (if it happenes to be yours).
If you have a problem with it, just make a post about it at the FSLabs forum and one of their moderators will do it for you in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chock said:

it's a right bloody faff to install liveries

C'mon, Alan! I installed 12 liveries yesterday and each was a matter of a click?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

C'mon, Alan! I installed 12 liveries yesterday and each was a matter of a click?

Well, to be fair to FSL, their support is good when you email them, that I can confirm, but even finding where you download the files is a bit of a search if you ever want to do a reinstall (which is why I've had cause to use their support). Now admittedly, once you do suss out how to add liveries it is not too bad, but the process of getting to that point is far more convoluted than it needs to be. They really could make things a bit easier.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 minutes ago, Rafal said:

PMDG require your real name just like FSLabs.
Additionally ORBX requires your purchase ID shown in the forums.
So look like FSLabs are not that bad... :wink:

Pmdg and orbx do not require any of that faff to download liveries or products is what he means. You do not have to mess about in forums, they have a nice UI driven app to do everything for you. That is the difference between great developers and everyone else. Yes fslabs product is great but the user experience could use some polish - more to greatness that just the end product.

Chris

Okay, gentlemen, I take your point, though still my forum/download/install experiece with FSLabs is positive, easy and hassle-free.
I do respect the fact some other folks had different experiences for certain reasons which did not occur to me.

4 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

My apologies if I should not be bringing these queries here - but I find this forum much more intuitive than the one on Fslabs website. In fact I am not finding a lot about Fslabs intuitive - their installation process is far more complicated than anything I have experienced from PMDG , Aerosoft or Orbx to name a few.

Now having found out I need to run P3D in admin mode to see the A320 in the vehicle listing - I read further through the tutorial and headed over to the Fslabs website to the link they gave to download liveries. Am I alone in thinking there would be a section named Liveries? The only one I have found so far is a Ryannair livery - downloaded the file - and its not executable. 

Can someone please show me the link to the liveries that are available for the latest version of A320 and as to how to install them.

Hopefully one day they will build a simple installer and updater similar to the one PMDG have created

How is it any harder to install? Wow

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I think he's referring to the PMDG Operations Centre, Orbx's FTX Central, etc where you find, click and install.

But at least we are not editing CFG files, placing files in Effects folders, creating texture folders, etc like the old days!!  

Matt Webb

The files he refers to that just have textures etc are USER submitted files. ALL FSL repaints done by themselves are in installer packages.

I am not why some people are having issues.  I ran the installer for the Bus, clicked "next", and it was installed.  Same thing goes for the liveries.  The challenge might be the user created liveries being more of a manual install but I think they are building installers for those. 

Regarding the performance, I can't complain either.  2 flights in so far and everything was very smooth (KLAS-KSFO and KORD-CYYZ) with payware airports (not ORD), ORBX (minus vector), Black marble, active sky, asca and PTA.  It is a fantastic plane!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 hours ago, Ebs said:

Guys, come on. 

He found it a little less intuitive than dealing with PMDGs Operations Centre (which, let's be honest, is great and I'm sure I read FSL are also working on a similar app) a couple of liveries that I downloaded were not installers (just raw texture folders which involved editing the aircraft.cfg manually) 

@SquadronLeader. Just take your time with the install. Register your product on the forums and visit the links provided for the liveries. The FSL forums are also full of useful info once you get your bearings! 

New liveries available 1.3 for people having trouble like yourself.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

People want every addon to be like PMDG... if not, they're lost. Then they complain. Too difficult they say... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Not necessarily a case of it’s not like pmdg, more a case of, for the most expensive home sim add on aircraft ever you have to mess about registering on a forum and then confirming your purchase before being able to download liveries.

Just as an aside, do the liveries also reconfigure the aircraft options to be accurate to those carriers or is it a generic a320 with a skin slapped on it?

Chris

I bought the A320 yesterday and had no problems to get the liveries. You just have to READ what they provide. Pretty simple. 

You gotta register your product in the forum. Then you can download the liveries and simply install them by a double click. 

I needed about two hours from buying it to setting it up and do the first flight. Not so complicated at all. 

• Upvote 2