Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Norton Blocks Heur.AdvMLB

Why am I getting this message from Norton when trying to update thru the PMDG  Operations Center?  It won't let me update.

George Nacino

2 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Why am I getting this message from Norton when trying to update thru the PMDG  Operations Center?  It won't let me update.

Gotta love anti virus...not. Remove the AV (you won't regret it - aftermarket AV is awful, as you can see: it's blocking a legit program on the assumption that you want it to, which you don't), or add an exclusion for the OC however Norton allows you to.

Kyle Rodgers

This is the reason I dumped Norton altogether a couple of years ago.  If you research that reason for blocking, it is because the program (OC) has too few copies in the world for Norton to believe it to be safe therefore Norton blocks it and pats itself on the back for saving you from a virus. I dumped Norton because even after putting the OC on the exclude list Norton would still block the OC.  When I tried to find Norton customer support I found it didn't exist. After using Norton products since my first IBM PC in the early 80's I will never go near them again.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP