Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Hutchison

Hardware MCP's supported?

Hi guys, I was thinking about giving Linda a try for various aircraft that I normally have to use the mouse to interact with. I currently have a CP flight 737 MCP (EL version) and efis panel which is ideal for 737 operations but I'm getting a bit bored of the 737 and would like to start using different aircraft in the sim; does Linda interact with this type of hardware or would I need to get something more generic like vr insight mcp or goflight mcp panels?

Cheers

Gordon

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi Gordon

Welcome to the LINDA community forum. I can not tell you directly whether LINDA will work with your CP Flight MCP as I have no direct experience. LINDA will work with most devices than generate a button push that can be detected by FSUIPC (full version). It will only work with knobs if they also generate a series of button pushes when they are rotated. The biggest problem you will have is out of data to any displays.

LINDA was originally designed and built around the VRi Combo MCP panels. It works with both the Boeing and Airbus variants.

I hope that helps. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

On 19/10/2017 at 5:47 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Gordon

Welcome to the LINDA community forum. I can not tell you directly whether LINDA will work with your CP Flight MCP as I have no direct experience. LINDA will work with most devices than generate a button push that can be detected by FSUIPC (full version). It will only work with knobs if they also generate a series of button pushes when they are rotated. The biggest problem you will have is out of data to any displays.

LINDA was originally designed and built around the VRi Combo MCP panels. It works with both the Boeing and Airbus variants.

I hope that helps. 

Thanks for that Andrew.

Can you comment on the quality/feel of the vrinsight mcp?

Being used to using a high quality product like the CP flight mcp has spoiled me and makes me steer away from cheaper/lesser hardware panels.

If the vrinsight 737 mcp is a good quality unit then I'll definitely pick one up as I've been itching to give Linda a try for my other add-on aircraft, using the mouse to interact with the controls is a major immersion killer.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I have 2 of the VRi MCP Combo panels - Boeing and Airbus. These have an all metal construction and sit comfortably on the desk below the main monitor. They are well made and finished in matt black with a range of supplied labels that can be placed under the clear plastic button caps.

With LINDA's flexible programming ability and wide range of aircraft modules, you can define 3 levels of mode to switch, for example, between normal MCP/FCU functions and lighting or engine starting. They are the best alternative to having multiple panels or a full cockpit.

Chose the one that best matches your preferred aircraft. I use my Airbus FCU all the time as I regularly fly Aerosoft or FSLabs A320s.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew