Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

FSX activation

Hello Simulator friends,

After a very long time using P3D I again, in view of the Quality Wings 787, installed my FSX program. However when attempting to activate it looks like there seems to be no connection possible with Microsoft to properly active the program.

Suggestions and/or help highly appreciated and for which I thank you in advance.

Regards

Dirk / The Netherlands

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yeah, I too had the same. So, I gave up. Will be interesting to get a solution.

You guys will probably have to use the phone activation call in method.

There are numerous thread here on Avsim regarding phone activation.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Tanks cmpbellsjc, will see if this solution is either expensive and/or prolonged.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Phone activation, Sean? But I thought Microsoft closed down that side of the Studios that produced FSX. So, whose number and where would such a call be made to?

I had the the same problem a few months ago,  in the fsx root folder i found a folder titled dlx key i entered my product key it did the job, this might help you

regards frank cann                                                          

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, candid said:

I had the the same problem a few months ago,  in the fsx root folder i found a folder titled dlx key i entered my product key it did the job, this might help you

regards frank cann                                                          

Great tip. Thanks.

2 hours ago, candid said:

regards frank cann                                                          

Excellent tip which could come in handy thanks! For future reference could I clarify that all you do is open the dlxkey.txt file and replace the words "product key here" with the Flight Sim X Pro product key? I have two product keys in my FSX box - the other is labelled Flight Sim X XP, which I assume is the Acceleration Expansion Pack.

Bill

44 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Flight Sim X Pro

No such thing as FSX Pro.

• FSX Standard
  • FSX Deluxe
  • FSX Gold released later.

56 minutes ago, vc10man said:

No such thing as FSX Pro.

• FSX Standard
  • FSX Deluxe
  • FSX Gold released later.

I am very well aware of that and I have FSX Gold but, notwithstanding that, the product keys in the FSX Gold box are labelled 'Flight Sim X Pro' and 'Flight Simulator X XP'!

Bill

bill

the product key i used was inside the box i have the fsx deluxe edition thats the only key shown.  i left the wording in and added the key, too be honest I

cannot remember if i copied and paste or i entered it manualy

frank cann

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

Phone activation, Sean? But I thought Microsoft closed down that side of the Studios that produced FSX. So, whose number and where would such a call be made to?

The activation of FSX will be as long as Microsoft exists.  The main issue is the number of activations.  You reach a limit and you have to call in and activate.  It is very difficult to activate when you run out of activations but I heard some have had no problems.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, Jim. Good to know. I just wanted to know out of curiosity as I have ditched FSX-SE but still hanker for my MD-11, so was thinking just for her sake, to re-install it.

5 hours ago, candid said:

bill

the product key i used was inside the box i have the fsx deluxe edition thats the only key shown.  i left the wording in and added the key, too be honest I

cannot remember if i copied and paste or i entered it manualy

frank cann

Thanks for that information Frank.

It seems therefore that FSX Deluxe has one key but FSX Gold has two, most likely one of these being for the Acceleration Expansion Pack (probably the one with the XP suffix) included in the Gold box. If I ever need to activate FSX again there might have to be a bit of trial and error experimentation with these two keys but I guess I could try the 'Flight Sim X Pro' one first or mayble both keys might need to be entered!

Bill

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

I just wanted to know out of curiosity as I have ditched FSX-SE but still hanker for my MD-11, so was thinking just for her sake, to re-install it.

FSX:SE doesn't need activation. Just re-download it. For anyone having an activation problem with FSX:MS, buy the Steam edition in a Steam sale.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit