Sign in to follow this  
jlpilot

Caution Light won't extinguish

2 hours ago, PLund said:

Got the same issue and used the default long turn around.

The only way to get rid of the caution is to do a complete power down (Generators and battery off).

The easiest way to get rid of the problem is to create your own panel states starting from the default engines running state.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 10/28/2017 at 6:58 PM, PLund said:

Got the same issue and used the default long turn around.

The only way to get rid of the caution is to do a complete power down (Generators and battery off).

Got the same issue here also (caution light gets on and stays on) using the default PMDG short turn around panel state. Did not try power down-up sequence to reset this. However, completed a full 8.5 hours flight with this on... with no incident (I know, not in real life...)

P3dv4.1 and latest version of QOTSII (8466).

Tx

Benny K

On 10/29/2017 at 0:03 PM, BK said:

Got the same issue here also (caution light gets on and stays on) using the default PMDG short turn around panel state. Did not try power down-up sequence to reset this. However, completed a full 8.5 hours flight with this on... with no incident (I know, not in real life...)

P3dv4.1 and latest version of QOTSII (8466).

Tx

Benny K

On 10/28/2017 at 1:01 PM, downscc said:

The easiest way to get rid of the problem is to create your own panel states starting from the default engines running state.

Can't PMDG just update the product that over-wrights the default panel states so the aircraft works?

Alex

• Upvote 1

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

14 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Can't PMDG just update the product that over-wrights the default panel states so the aircraft works?

Not that simple. If it were that simple, it would already be implemented.

Kyle Rodgers

I must add my voice to this...I HAVE created my own short state panel save from the default startup condition. Saved under another name. Will work maybe once, then when I get back into the plane on the second or third try, it's all buggered up. I have done this three times. When it finally loads, it switches straight to battery power. I have to call a external power unit, and an airstart unit. The engines will start normally with that. I noticed on the STAT page there was no APU RPM Indication...Even though the APU was on and supposed to be running...Weird...It seems that the panel state is either not saving correctly, or is somehow getting corrupted after the save. Could it be part of this recent Windeerws update possibly???

16 hours ago, Curtis Smith said:

I must add my voice to this...I HAVE created my own short state panel save from the default startup condition. Saved under another name. Will work maybe once, then when I get back into the plane on the second or third try, it's all buggered up. I have done this three times. When it finally loads, it switches straight to battery power. I have to call a external power unit, and an airstart unit. The engines will start normally with that. I noticed on the STAT page there was no APU RPM Indication...Even though the APU was on and supposed to be running...Weird...It seems that the panel state is either not saving correctly, or is somehow getting corrupted after the save. Could it be part of this recent Windeerws update possibly???

That is weird... nothing at all like most are experiencing which does point to something that might vary between users.  As unexpected as the Windows update seems to be the cause I guess you could rule it out by removing the update and trying it.

Dan Downs KCRP

For what it's worth, the stuck caution light started for me after the last 747 microupdate.  I will follow the guidance to create my own panel state.  

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Add me up to the list of people encountering the same issue using the default PMDG short turn around panel state. This didn't happen before the last micro-update.

Enrique Vaamonde

I have started after loading the long panel state to switch off EXT PWR and turn of the battery so it goes dark. After a few seconds I put the battery back on along with the EXT PWR.

Best regards

Peter Lund

I’ve been able to fix the issue, only to have it come back later. Based on Kyle’s earlier response we could optimistically assume that PMDG is aware of the issue and they are looking into a fix for it. For now, the cancel button is your friend.