Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

My Ortho4XP coverage

This is my Ortho4XP coverage.  The area being shaded in pink is being processed now, I might extend it north a bit to include Mt. Shasta depending on drive space.

John

2017-10-191.jpg

• Upvote 1

screenshot2017-10-191hguot.png

Here's mine. A pity that we have to do it again and again on our own :-) Are you using USA2?

Hans

8 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

screenshot2017-10-191hguot.png

Here's mine. A pity that we have to do it again and again on our own :-) Are you using USA2?

I used USA2 for Arizona, had to use Bing for California, got some type of error message using USA2 because of the coast.  Now if you point Ortho4xp to your install folder (I have everything in the same folder called Arizona because that's where I started first), it will recognize what is already installed so you can select the new tiles.  That's why you see some shaded blue (installed) and some shaded pink (installing).  Unfortunately even though I selected overlays I am not getting Autogen and the default bridges and buildings).  However I don't like the autogen blocking the photoreal scenery below so I am fine with that.  I did a check of my disk space and I will have enough to extend north to the California/Oregon border, I will probably include southern Oregon.  I've already processed three tiles out of 29.  As you can also see, my Arizona scenery extends to Vegas.  I do get the buildings there because Xplane placed that in the Custom scenery folder.

If I am not wrong you can run the overlay creation process as a standalone generation, just in case you change your mind. I actually like autogen on top. Maybe you would also like to try simheaven's packages for some additional stuff like roads, railways, power lines, gondolas, drag lifts. 

Hans

I prefer the photoreal roads, but I wonder is Simheaven freeware or payware?  I tried installing the San Francisco scenery and Openscenery X but I keep getting an error message that San Francisco requires additional files, then it fails.  That would at least give me bridges and buildings there if I could only figure out how to install it.

John

Edit.  I have about seven tiles installed out of the 29, I will have plenty of space to add the rest of California and Southern Oregon, only have used 6 GB at my level of detail.  I will also add Bryce and Zion national parks in Utah.

Simheaven is freeware, you should give it a try. I did my European photo sceneries and added simheaven, looks nice and doesn't consume too much resources, they deserve a donation.  

Hans

John

simply, I applaud (chapeau in french) ;-))

54 minutes ago, ms2 said:

John

simply, I applaud (chapeau in french) ;-))

Thank you very much.  Checked on the progress of the scenery, it's about halfway done now, just has taken up 20GB so far.  Soon that hard drive will be full, won't be able to add any more MSE scenery for P3d,  My coverage with MSE is California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah.  In addition I made Colorado scenery, an eight file download here at Avsim, with FSEarthtiles.  When my old system crashed I had to grab my own scenery from our file library, and my trike, LOL...

2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Thank you very much.  Checked on the progress of the scenery, it's about halfway done now, just has taken up 20GB so far.  Soon that hard drive will be full, won't be able to add any more MSE scenery for P3d,  My coverage with MSE is California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah.  In addition I made Colorado scenery, an eight file download here at Avsim, with FSEarthtiles.  When my old system crashed I had to grab my own scenery from our file library, and my trike, LOL...

I have decided to also add Southern Oregon and Southern Utah in order to get Crater Lake, Bryce and Zion parks.  So I will have the entire state of California done as well.  The build will probably last until tomorrow depending on bandwidth.  If it stops I'll just start it again.

John

2017-10-1913.jpg

Hope the mods don't mind the update, for informational purposes.

4 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I have decided to also add Southern Oregon and Southern Utah in order to get Crater Lake, Bryce and Zion parks.  So I will have the entire state of California done as well.  The build will probably last until tomorrow depending on bandwidth.  If it stops I'll just start it again.

John

2017-10-1913.jpg

Hope the mods don't mind the update, for informational purposes.

The project finished much faster than I expected, on my last tile now!

John

Here are mine! I'm extremely happy with them. ZL16/17 by airports which looks pretty good, and all of this fits nicely on my old 500GB HDD with about 30GB to spare. Can't wait until I can afford a 4TB HDD so I can fill out the rest of the west coast, east coast, midwest, and maybe some of Europe. 

o3wI2oi.png

ImFDbmE.png

NvVJ0vf.png

7iNVout.png

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

Here are mine! I'm extremely happy with them. ZL16/17 by airports which looks pretty good, and all of this fits nicely on my old 500GB HDD with about 30GB to spare. Can't wait until I can afford a 4TB HDD so I can fill out the rest of the west coast, east coast, midwest, and maybe some of Europe. 

o3wI2oi.png

ImFDbmE.png

NvVJ0vf.png

7iNVout.png

Funny thing is I can't get overlays to work, lost all my buildings, except for airports, bridges, power lines etc.  What overlay folder do you point to?  Probably too late for me to do anything about it though.

John

Up to this point I have The almost completed Western Europe, Big portions of South America (inc. the whole of Brazil), the West-Coast of MEX-US-CA and some scattered cities throughout the US like Miami, NY and Chicago.

I would like to do more, but unfortunately my IP seems to have been banned by Bing. Wondering why...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Funny thing is I can't get overlays to work, lost all my buildings, except for airports, bridges, power lines etc.  What overlay folder do you point to?  Probably too late for me to do anything about it though.

John

The folder for the overlays is yOrtho4XP_Overlays in the main Ortho4XP folder. Did you check if the overlays were created there? For the generation I point to the default folder, in my case G:\X-Plane 11\Global Scenery\X-Plane 11 Global Scenery. You can generate overlays only also manually, one after one. If you choose batch build vector data is again created for each tile but you can exclude mesh and check skip downloads and skip converts so the tile creation process should be very fast. 

Hans