Sign in to follow this  
nirgal76

TCAD Ryan

Hi,

I see on the rxp GTn manual the TCAD simulated is a Ryan 9900BX. But on the screen, i can't find zoom keys (and can't zoom in/out with mouse).

According to the last real GTN manual ((for software 6.30, august 2017), the 9900BX has zoom keys, not the 9900B. and for all other thing also, it seems we have a 9900B, not a 9900BX.

Can you clarify this point ?

Regards,

Nicolas

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Hi, I guess it is a 9900B then and the 'X' was mistakenly added in the documentation!

There shouldn't be any practical difference between the two though, only the interface.

Internally, the traffic threat evaluation is driven by an authentic and accurate TCAS II Mark7 simulation (which passes the 250 official TSIM tests), set in TA mode only (for the GTN - it seems 6.41 now also support RA so we'll explore this).

The lack of 'zoom' is compensated when displaying TCAS overlay on the map though!

Nevertheless, I'll quickly check about this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

ok., i have no problem with functionalities, this 9900B is just great , it helps me to avoid possible collision with a baron during last flight ;)

it was just to clarified between the unit and its manual :) (to be complete, the "X" is in the manual and also in the realityxp.gtn.ini).

Thx you. and have a nice day :)

The next update will have a 9900BX now, with working zoom factor! (it was a typo in the code, not the manual!)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Wonderful ! but don't forget to take time to rest a little ;)

i hope to have time to try it because my 4 years old child start to take my computer to play with P3D everytime i launch it lol. A future pilot (and RXP's fan !)