Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

The incredible sense of accomplishment...

...the first time you do a successful air-to-air refuel on the most realistic "fighter pilot simulator" (as someone else defined it). :happy:

M7vtIis.jpg

• Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thank you! Yes, it's Falcon BMS. What an incredible sim!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Miss the days I would pull up to a 135 for fuel in the F-111. At 315kts, and on occasion, 335kts, made for an interesting experience! Using the burner as we got heavy, was quite the sight for the boom guys. Oh, the good old days....

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Yeah - might have to load up BMS again one of these days - superb sim and superb community effort... I noted that some relatively recent updates took it to another level...

Congrats on the tank...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

27 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Miss the days I would pull up to a 135 for fuel in the F-111. At 315kts, and on occasion, 335kts, made for an interesting experience! Using the burner as we got heavy, was quite the sight for the boom guys. Oh, the good old days....

Hi Bill,

Hah - just pull up behind a tanker one of these days in your "bus" to relive the experience... That would also be an interesting experience for the boom operator... El Dorado Canyon ?

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I must have racked up 100's hours in Falcon 4. I still keep copies of the CD around and always want to reinstall with BMS. Somehow I never get around it ... Crying shame judging from the screenshots...

Falcon BMS 4.33 is a wickedly nice hardcore combat sim, the King.  Still under development too.

Get on the stick and get it installed...slacker.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

And one fine manual as well. Tip for anyone reinstalling. The new owners of Falcon 4 now require a full install of their product before installing BMS. Previously you could get by putting just a copy of your legally obtained falcon.exe on your drive and pointing your BMS installer at it for verification. If you’re like me and have no CD drive you can create an ISO of the CD on another system and then mount that ISO on your gaming system to install Falcon4. Annoying but thankfully it does not take up much space.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

howevr

On 10/20/2017 at 8:16 AM, busdriver said:

Miss the days I would pull up to a 135 for fuel in the F-111.

Spend any time up at KPBG? Loved seeing both of those airplanes frequently overhead in the 1980's vacationing as a kid on Lake Champlain. Our place (Isle La Motte) was on what I guess could be called the extended base leg to Rwy 17, and we'd frequently get overflown by the F-111's and KC-135's returning to base after spending time out to the east. I simulate that approach quite a bit as a "desktop" pilot.

It was always a thrill when they decided to fly low and fast... I was out on the lake futzing around in our little boat and got buzzed one summer. Scared the hell out of me, but I absolutely LOVED it.

Even today, the Green Mountain Boys out of KBTV will sweep through in their F-16's nice and low.

Fun times. If you had a hand in any of that up at Plattsburgh, thanks!

Cool, i will reinstall falcon 4.0 and BMS. Does it work with an xbox360 controller? Sorry for the blasphemy, but it´s my favorite controller :)

3 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Cool, i will reinstall falcon 4.0 and BMS. Does it work with an xbox360 controller? Sorry for the blasphemy, but it´s my favorite controller :)

I don't know, but if it's recognized as a joystick there should be no issues. I wonder if you can do a successful refuel with it though. :-)

I would highly doubt you could ever be proficient in this sim with console controller.

Everyone I know uses joysticks and, most of us serious fliers of this sim, have a HOTAS setup.

spacer.png