Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

RXP GTX327 Transponder

I have installed GNS 530/430 V2 for both P3DV4 and FSX. Prior to the FSX installation, I un-installed the legacy RXP version and associated Garmin trainer. The V2 installation was flawless; however, during the process I've lost the legacy RXP G327 Transponder. 

How can i re-install just the GTX327 for FSX? 

Thanks / Les Parson

Good question... mine has disappeared as well - for good, I assumed..:blush:

Bert

Hi,

When the legacy GNS hit the market, there was little if none such 'advanced' GTX/GMA gauges. Most were merely revamped default FS transponder/audio panels functionality with the look of Garmin avionics. Our GTX and GMA went leaps above in offering as close as possible advanced features within the limitations of the simulator.

When designing the Reality XP GNS V2, it appeared most aircraft nowadays come with some sort of GTX/GMA, often much better than what was done 15 years ago, and there would be little need for our own anymore.

It seems we might have been wrong!

Nevertheless, I'd rather have these gauge in a separate gauge pack (licensed with your GNS) than included, because it would save loading them if not used in the panel, as well as they need little if no maintenance at all once released.

We also have 2 important gauges to release alongside both the GNS and the GTN, mandatory when transporting 6 passengers IIRC. These are the WAAS and TAWS annunciator panels. They were also included but this time, a simple XML gauge would make it work because the GNS and the GTN now publicly publish the necessary data to drive them (it's in the User's Manual). You can see good use of these publish variables in this video with our GTN on X-Plane, in the fantastic Bell 429 panel mod bluebell2 has made:

For now, we are further working on stabilizing the core simulation before adding new features and new gauges, but it is in our list!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks, but is there any way to retrieve the old legacy GTX327 gauge separately for FSX? I'm considering returning to FSX as primary with P3DV4 as secondary. 

You can still use the legacy GTX and GMA I guess, as long as you don't add a legacy GNS on the panel. These gauges are bundled and authenticated (license wise) together, but they should run on their own.

I'm quite surprised there wouldn't be good GTX/GMA available anywhere though, I thought they were so common they could be found in almost any Carenado, Alabeo or similar aircraft, as XML gauges?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)