Sign in to follow this  
danf161

v4.1 CTD on Startup

I posted this on LM's forum. Just posting it here too to see if anyone else is getting this....

I've had 4.1 installed since it released working fine. All of my addons were working too. Recently I have not been able to get past startup. I get the P3D splash screen and then it crashes. I tried repairing the installation using the installer with no success. I completely uninstalled it to start fresh. I installed v4.0 and tried to launch it again and got the same error. When going into my event viewer this is what I get:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2115.0, time stamp: 0x59af8ce5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005dafec
Faulting process id: 0xbc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3495031b491e2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: ee2baa6d-4760-476e-9610-310357ddf20f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I've also had this same error and the only difference was the module name which has also been "ntdll.dll". 

Any suggestions? I've tried everything including a fresh install.

I have the same problem ,I uninstall the  Active Sky for P3Dv4 and then it was ok ..in my case ,the problem was ASConnect..                                          

Just now, vc10man said:

Be careful with the system file checker.  I ran it on a Gateway once and immediately it bluescreened afterward.  I had to return the computer and exchange it for another model, which lasted me eight years.

John

I ran it after following the syntax correctly. It found errors and fixed them. No BSD.

Something changed, what was the last thing you did?

Make a backup of your Prepar3d.cfg file and delete it to see if your system works, if it does this will allow you to start debugging what is the root of the problem.

Best of luck,

Simbol

When it happened is when I installed PTA, the updated one. So I did a full uninstall, deleting folders and everything. Re-Installed 4.1 and no addons, it was good. I started to install addons, REX first, and it was fine. I continued with aircraft and then installed AS. I don't know where it wrong but I'm getting the error again. I'm trying the file checker now. 

So if it's AS, do I get with them about the error? Is it a known error with them?

Thanks for the replies yall!

Dan

3 minutes ago, danf161 said:

When it happened is when I installed PTA, the updated one. So I did a full uninstall, deleting folders and everything. Re-Installed 4.1 and no addons, it was good. I started to install addons, REX first, and it was fine. I continued with aircraft and then installed AS. I don't know where it wrong but I'm getting the error again. I'm trying the file checker now. 

So if it's AS, do I get with them about the error? Is it a known error with them?

Thanks for the replies yall!

Dan

Make sure you have latest update to AS that was posted on their development forum at their site. If still issue get with them. 

Eric 

Welp. Uninstalled AS and now it works. Damn. I'll try installing it again and see what happens. I installed the update when prompted by the software. I'll let yall know.

Ok. So it was definitely AS. It's a known issue and HiFi has a sticky post on their forum about different ways to fix it. For me, I had to go into regedit and delete a line causing the sim to ignore ASConnect. Now it's working! Thanks for everyone's input!

Here's the link to the page: http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/46/12/p3dv4-crashing-or-wont-load

And here's what speficically worked for me: If the problem remains, and you are comfortable using regedit at your own risk, you can manually remove the blocking entry for as_connect_64.dll by removing the entry in the AppCompatFlags Layers in the registry, as outlined in this thread: https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8454-P3D-V4-Open-Beta-P3D-crash-to-desktop-after-installing-AS-for-P3d-v4&p=40491&viewfull=1#post40491