Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

P3D v4.1 with i7-8700k ?

3 hours ago, westman said:

I have a Z270 +5ghz 7700k that i use with P3DV4.1 

In this case i agree with Rob ,I9 series ar beasts try it you understand what i mean 

P3D V4.1 test I9 7920X 5ghz

Westman, would a Noctua 15 cooler be sufficient to run your 7920 with OC at 4.7 or is liquid cooling an absolut must ? What sort of power cunsumption do you have with your OC?

Thanks for your feedback.

4 hours ago, westman said:

I have a Z270 +5ghz 7700k that i use with P3DV4.1 

In this case i agree with Rob ,I9 series ar beasts try it you understand what i mean 

P3D V4.1 test I9 7920X 5ghz

For such a CPU, I expected more, honestly. I see GPU is pretty high, but only 31fps with FSL is mediocre... is the scenario limited by the CPU or GPU? It might show 12 cores loaded to the teeth, but in P3D, there still only one main thread, or did that change? We still need one core with from power, than more less powerful cores, do we not?

9 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Westman, would a Noctua 15 cooler be sufficient to run your 7920 with OC at 4.7 or is liquid cooling an absolut must ? What sort of power cunsumption do you have with your OC?

Hi there 

I had a noctua 14 on my old 3770K.   If you do some reading the newer Noctua NH-D15 Dual Radiator Quiet CPU Cooler with two NH-A15 Fans is as effective as a mid range water cooler 

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/noctua-nh-d15-review,1.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-D15/

What you do have to be careful of is the space they use, for example when building the rig make sure you put your ram sticks in before that cooler gets champed down as the distance isn't much.  Same with the small power cable 

IMG-20170613-_WA0000.jpg

That was my old one 

14ppkc-6.png

If you buy one, get a big bugger of a case for airflow and put the ram in first!!!!   

14ppkc-6.png

Cubes are quite good for such constructs. Way better airflow and not at all cramped, due to cables, or basically everything being on the other side.

With that cube and my 2 x 980ti my old case was cramped as hell.  980Ti run hot under load at 80 degrees or so you want a nice bit of space around then 

14ppkc-6.png

I recently upgraded my system from an i7 4790k running at 4.4 gHz to an Asus Strix Gaming - H 370 motherboard (16 gigs RAM) with the 6 core 8700k running at 5 gHz.  I'm using a GTX 1060 with 6 gigs.  I see marginal improvements mainly due to added clock speed of the 8700k.  P3dv4 doesn't seem to care about multiple cores at all.  Quite honestly I see a greater improvement with the latest Windows 10 Gaming mode in P3Dv4.  I use v-sync on at 30 frames on my 4K 40" monitor and with gaming mode enabled I'm finding smoother performance all around.  The Fall Creators Windows 10 update's game mode is really worth using in my opinion.

1 hour ago, tooting said:

With that cube and my 2 x 980ti my old case was cramped as hell.  980Ti run hot under load at 80 degrees or so you want a nice bit of space around then 

There is a simple solution to that. Watercool the GPUs and the CPU :cool:

13 hours ago, SimonC said:

For such a CPU, I expected more, honestly. I see GPU is pretty high, but only 31fps with FSL is mediocre... is the scenario limited by the CPU or GPU? It might show 12 cores loaded to the teeth, but in P3D, there still only one main thread, or did that change? We still need one core with from power, than more less powerful cores, do we not?

Run vsync TrippleB 4k 30HZ

If i run unlimited with this settings i Bottelneck the GPU

The load times with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= 10 on this I9 is faster then the 7700k with std8

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, westman said:

Run vsync TrippleB 4k 30HZ

If i run unlimited with this settings i Bottelneck the GPU

The load times with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= 10 on this I9 is faster then the 7700k with std8

It would be interesting what CPU can do, without bottlenecking the GPU.

13 minutes ago, westman said:

Here on approach you see the GPU usage

GPU usage Vsync 30HZ

Why GPU? GPU isn't nearly what's required to run FSL smoothly and with high FPS. FSL is very CPU-heavy, and GPU is only here for fun... GPU only plays role with high resolutions, clouds, AA, shadows, reflections etc.

What I am interested in is seeing FSL cockpit with unlocked FPS, no vsync, no addon airport. And settings would be helpful. Then I could compare to mine (6700K at 4.8) - that is what I would be interested in.

45 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Why GPU? GPU isn't nearly what's required to run FSL smoothly and with high FPS. FSL is very CPU-heavy, and GPU is only here for fun... GPU only plays role with high resolutions, clouds, AA, shadows, reflections etc.

What I am interested in is seeing FSL cockpit with unlocked FPS, no vsync, no addon airport. And settings would be helpful. Then I could compare to mine (6700K at 4.8) - that is what I would be interested in.

Here is one with 1920X1080 

Iam not intrested in this Fps max unlimited i like a smooth nice sim at 4k with lot of candy.

FSL A320 Unlimited 1920x1080

Setting

15 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Dont think is sufficient , minimum AIO 280 

I would not recomend less then 1000W if you have a 1080TI , run CB15 no load on GPU mesured watt on the plug killawatt close to 500W add 250-300W for GPU and 200W headroom

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15-versus-closed-loop-liquid-coolers/2

temp-load.jpg

looks like its the if not better than some aio's

http://www.overclock.net/t/1531372/noctua-nh-d15-vs-aio-coolers

If your case an fit a noctua d15 (the two fan version not the single version "s") then its an option.  

But they H U G E so space is a premium with them. 

Like I said when I had a d14 on my 3770k it was pretty much the same as the above numbers.

14ppkc-6.png