Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

PRDv4.1 startup windows10

Strange PRDv4.1 starts up automatically when windows 10 boots up, i have never seen this, i need advice please.

Windows key - „msconfig“

and check what is there under startup. 

There must be somewhere a command that executes the Prepar3d.exe. I would also look in msconfig. It shows much more than the task manager!

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

It is not only P3D.....I think it is something introduced by the latest Win10 update...if there is any application that is still hanging when you shut the system down it will automatically restarted on the next system startup. I have made a fresh OS reinstall a few days ago and I have started having this issue since then (WIn10 Fall update). Happened for P3D and also Google Chrome.

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

9 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

It is not only P3D.....I think it is something introduced by the latest Win10 update...if there is any application that is still hanging when you shut the system down it will automatically restarted on the next system startup. I have made a fresh OS reinstall a few days ago and I have started having this issue since then (WIn10 Fall update). Happened for P3D and also Google Chrome.

I have experienced exactly this too.

22 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

So what happens after you reboot again? always the same programs continue to launch themselves? 

Why not giving a try with CCleaner, there is an embedded tool that usually finds programs with automatic startup then you can disable or delete the unwanted entry.

To be honest I've never experienced that.

1 hour ago, kurtb said:

Strange PRDv4.1 starts up automatically when windows 10 boots up, i have never seen this, i need advice please.

Hello 

Navigate to the location's below,  Possible there is another Prepar3D.exe shortcut launching Prepar3D when Windows opens

Check both locations and remove \ delete it.  Then reboot your computer and test 

----------  

Local Disk (c) ►Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Roaming ►Microsoft ►Windows ►Start Menu ►Programs ►Startup - Prepar3D.exe

Local Disk (c) ► Users ►YOU ►AppData ►Roaming ►Microsoft ►Windows ►Start Menu ►Programs - Prepar3D.exe  

----------

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Hello 

Navigate to the location's below,  Possible there is another Prepar3D.exe shortcut launching Prepar3D when Windows opens

Check both locations and remove \ delete it.  Then reboot your computer and test 

----------  

Local Disk (c) ►Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Roaming ►Microsoft ►Windows ►Start Menu ►Programs ►Startup - Prepar3D.exe

Local Disk (c) ► Users ►YOU ►AppData ►Roaming ►Microsoft ►Windows ►Start Menu ►Programs - Prepar3D.exe  

----------

thanks, but both locations are empty, any other suggestions

Ok try this,  Its the same thing (Kind of) but will bring you directly to it 

Copy the below Tex and Paste this into your Run windows search bar,  click Ok ?  

shell:startup