Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

PRDv4.1 startup windows10

One more............

Navigate to the location below and check 

Local Disk (c) ► ProgramData ► Microsoft ►Windows ► Start Menu ►Programs ► StartUp -  Prepar3D.exe  ? 

8 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Ok try this,  Its the same thing (Kind of) but will bring you directly to it 

Copy the below Tex and Paste this into your Run windows search bar,  click Ok ?  

shell:startup

sorry to do this to you, but empty aswell

3 minutes ago, kurtb said:

sorry to do this to you, but empty aswell

Just to confirm,  The ProgramData Path as well from above ? 

5 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Just to confirm,  The ProgramData Path as well from above ? 

it is empty aswell

5 minutes ago, beep747 said:

I had exactely the same thing happening to me. 

Jos

and what was the fix?

No fix yet. It only happened once. I thought It was my mistake somehow. Examining my startup files now.

jos

Ok, long shot,  Lets have a look in the registry editor 

I say long shot because if your reg editor was configured this way it would show up in the Startup of the Task Manager 

But have a peep anyway 

Navigate to the below Locations in the Registry editor and look for any entry with Prepar3D in it

---------  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ►Software ►Microsoft ►Windows ► CurrentVersion ► Run  -  Prepar3D.exe  ? 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER ►Software ► Microsoft ►Windows ► CurrentVersion ► Run  -  Prepar3D.exe  ? 

--------- 

Also, No harm to have a look at the same path's as above but under RunOnce

Just as a side Note..................

After you have tried the above steps.........

Unplug All USB device's out of your computer Including extra Monitors,  Then restart your computer and test  

To me, it happened only once. Nothing in the startup files. I have the latest w10 update installed.

Jos

As mentioned by a few previous posters in this thread it is likely the new feature of windows 10. Perhaps p3d hasn't completely closed when you reboot and this new feature automatically reopens any apps that were open when you shutdown/rebooted.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/programs-autostart-after-boot-in-windows-10/09dd8d3e-7b36-45d1-9181-6587dd5d53ab?page=3&auth=1

In particular the post towards the bottom of the page by EternalRZ.

Possible solution is to use taskmanager to make sure prepar3d.exe is no longer in the processes list before you reboot. Depending on your PC it can take some time to unload even if the window is no longer visible and not in the task bar (for some reason especially long if you use fsuipc).

HTH

boez

• Upvote 2

I also just had this! Clean install of W10 this afternoon, clean install of P3D and various addons and suddenly P3D started up automatically when I just turned on my PC. This indeed should be made an OPTION asap: it's really odd this can happen anytime a program might still be running somehow. Stupid option. I hope this gets solved soon.

Yes i have been making that very point all day long  :blush:   All day :blush: