Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

PRDv4.1 startup windows10

Y'all surely know win10 became self aware after the last update?!

It sees p3d as a militairy application and wants to simulate the best way to destroy mankind.

Resistance by the way, is futile.

• Upvote 1

-Roland

Download autoruns.exe from ms sysinternals and give it a go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

47 minutes ago, simbol said:

How is cortana doing this?

Cortana, with certain settings, upon start up, will say something like, "I kept your place for you" or something like that. There is an option under the general privacy options called " Let Windows track app launches to improve start. From the privacy options, there are a whole host of app options to run in the background.

This has to be the cause, because w/o being on the list of start up programs, P3D cannot simply start itself. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pracines said:

Cortana, with certain settings, upon start up, will say something like, "I kept your place for you" or something like that. There is an option under the general privacy options called " Let Windows track app launches to improve start. From the privacy options, there are a whole host of app options to run in the background.

This has to be the cause, because w/o being on the list of start up programs, P3D cannot simply start itself. 

I will check that, I am not experiencing the problem but must be because I disabled all the security telemetry for W10.

simbol 

Guys i just started today to have the same issue. I cant believe it LOL :)

My settings where indeed like that and i disabled it. Seems fixed.

Maybe the settings were resetted with the recent big w10 update

xcPcHEE.png

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, earthdog said:

I had those options off already and still P3D started automatically. However, it didn't happen anymore since yesterday because I made sure P3D had enough time to shut down completely before I turned off the PC. However, whenever I am in a hurry I would like being able to shut down my PC ASAP without having to fear programs will start up by themselves the next time.

BTW Additional problem I had yesterday when P3D launched itself: UTL wouldn't run and I had to reboot the pc to get things working again.

Apple also has an option to reload all programs that were running if you shut down the computer too soon or not correctly but at least Apple gives you the option during startup to let those programs reload or not. Windows should at least do the same. But I'd prefer an option to turn this off completely.

9 minutes ago, earthdog said:

Guys i just started today to have the same issue. I cant believe it LOL :)

Maybe the settings were resetted with the recent big w10 update

xcPcHEE.png

What a nonsense from MS, for God sake.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

What a nonsense from MS, for God sake.

This is why i disabled all? telemetry and such, right after install. Then used anti beacon app for even more telemetry disabling. Advertisement is everything, and all important. 

• Upvote 1

-Roland

Same for me. I checked whatever said on  this page but nothing has changed.  Then,  I checked task manager I saw more than 15 active prepar3d task, how this occured I can not explain. I ended process every item. I remembered I installed nvidia experience at last day. I uninstalled nvidia experience. My prepar3d was starting up oculus automatically, but because of I was not using oculus nowadays it was disturbing me  I uninstalled also oculus. Now, everything is fine, but which one was the problem, I don't know. :-)  But I think It is not neccessary to uninstall Oculus.

In my case, automatic P3D start direct after booting W10 happens only when P3D processes are running during shut down. This can also happen with other programs.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

30 minutes ago, Nemo said:

In my case, automatic P3D start direct after booting W10 happens only when P3D processes are running during shut down. This can also happen with other programs.

Yes, this is how it work nowadays unfortunately. 

Concerning Oculus starting up with P3D: there is an Oculus/VR file in the P3D folder which causes that: rename the file and it won’t launch with P3D anymore. I like that solution more than simply uninstalling Oculus. :happy:

And nVidia Experience has nothing to do with this all although I strongly advice to never install it: I always ONLY install the graphics driver and deselect ALL the (utterly useless) rest that nVidia tries to install.