Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

P3D Micro Stutters

Hi guys.

Im trying to figure out my issue.

I loaded up at KSEA or any major payware airport with the PMDG 747 QOTS II. My EVGA OSD was saying I was getting 30 frames constantly and my GPU usage was only around 50%

I have a 7700k at 4.8ghz and a 1080ti.

Once I liftoff I get a bigget stutter and then when I look out the side windows or even the front sometimes I see micro stutters.

I run my monitor at 30hz and my FPS isnt dropping below 30 the whole time.

I have no idea what it is. FSUIPC autosave is off as well

It was fine until I installed the FSLABS A320 the other night.

Any Suggestions?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

10 minutes ago, akabam said:

Hi guys.

Im trying to figure out my issue.

I loaded up at KSEA or any major payware airport with the PMDG 747 QOTS II. My EVGA OSD was saying I was getting 30 frames constantly and my GPU usage was only around 50%

I have a 7700k at 4.8ghz and a 1080ti.

Once I liftoff I get a bigget stutter and then when I look out the side windows or even the front sometimes I see micro stutters.

I run my monitor at 30hz and my FPS isnt dropping below 30 the whole time.

I have no idea what it is. FSUIPC autosave is off as well

It was fine until I installed the FSLABS A320 the other night.

Any Suggestions?

Same here. My CPU is a bit weaker than yours but the Bus seems to be a heavy hitter on my system.

There seems to be a system which is taxing the CPU 100% from time to time. My i7 6700k at 4.6 Ghz HT on without AM tweak is normaly around 70% - 80% when using PMDG aircraft through out the flight. Absolutely stable without fps issues even while approaching EGLL. My 1080ti is performing good also with DL on at 8xMSAA at night (4k 30hz rock solid 30fps). 
However when flying the bus my frames are around 20 with 100% CPU load on the ground and even lower on approach at day... Even while cruising, when the CPU load is at 100% my frames drop to around 20. When load is decreasing, my frames recover and are stable until the load goes up again to 100%.  

1 minute ago, onurair said:

Same here. My CPU is a bit weaker than yours but the Bus seems to be a heavy hitter on my system.

There seems to be a system which is taxing the CPU 100% from time to time. My i7 6700k at 4.6 Ghz HT on without AM tweak is normaly around 70% - 80% when using PMDG aircraft through out the flight. Absolutely stable without fps issues even while approaching EGLL. My 1080ti is performing good also with DL on at 8xMSAA at night (4k 30hz rock solid 30fps). 
However when flying the bus my frames are around 20 with 100% CPU load on the ground and even lower on approach at day... Even while cruising, when the CPU load is at 100% my frames drop to around 20. When load is decreasing, my frames recover and are stable until the load goes up again to 100%.  

Yeah its weird. Even last night my CPU in the 747 was spiking to 100% so I gotta figure something out.

Ill try and reset my p3d cfg and see if that helps along with deleting shaders

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

14 minutes ago, akabam said:

Yeah its weird. Even last night my CPU in the 747 was spiking to 100% so I gotta figure something out.

Ill try and reset my p3d cfg and see if that helps along with deleting shaders

I already did that, but it didn't really help. Something in the bus hitting really hard. It was way better and smoother in P3D.

Hmm I have no idea. Ill try out some more stuff at home

Mark Roberts 

6 minutes ago, onurair said:

I already did that, but it didn't really help. Something in the bus hitting really hard. It was way better and smoother in P3D.

Same thing on p3d v4.1 - my frames are dropping below 10 with pmdg 737 and at Heathrow.

before I installed the bus it was around 17 with my old machine. Which ran ok for me but stutters are appearing now for some unknown reason . I can go back before I installed the bus with one of my backups from macrium.

might just try that.

denis b

10 minutes ago, bursco said:

Same thing on p3d v4.1 - my frames are dropping below 10 with pmdg 737 and at Heathrow.

before I installed the bus it was around 17 with my old machine. Which ran ok for me but stutters are appearing now for some unknown reason . I can go back before I installed the bus with one of my backups from macrium.

might just try that.

denis b

Will you try that and report back here. I might uninstall it if thats the case.

Mark Roberts 

I noticed ASP4 is taxing my system after 4.1 update.

I changed  back and forth the layers and ASCA set to performance with overcast. I had a feeling i was having much more layers than i was supposed to have. 

Both my GPU's was hitting 100% in FL350 today above Germany. Maybe we just see more clouds in the fall? 

I saved a flight with the A320 and reloaded.  GPU 's went down to 50-70% 

Also revertet  back to default shaders with out PTA for testing. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just making a stab in the dark; but wondering if it's the FSL Spotlights app... it probably loads even when not using the A320.

23 hours ago, akabam said:

Any Suggestions?

Do you use vsync? If so, this could be your problem. The standard vsync will limit your FPS to the monitor refresh rate. If it drops below this, vsync will then limit the FPS to half the refresh rate. So for a 30Hz monitor with vsync enabled, if your FPS drop below 30, vsync will limit the framerate to 15 until you can achieve 30 or more again. If your framerates are occasionally dropping below 30, this could be what is causing the stutters. Try using fast sync.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit