Sign in to follow this  
sammy031

VFR Scripts (Work in Progress)

Thanks, that's really helpful! I love flying VFR with P2A but my mind always tends to go blank when it comes to calling the destination tower. I expect to say something like "GMVAL is a Cessna 152, 9 miles southeast, 2500 feet, with India, inbound to land, runway 09", but that never seems to work, so I end up fumbling desperately with 'Say It' to find the right phrasing and that kinda takes the edge off the most satisfying part of the flight. Good to know what P2A actually expects to hear!

Looking forward to the airspace transition info next. Flight following is a bit dull unless there's a lot of traffic around, so making proactive calls to transition airspace at the right moments instead will add a lot. IFR is great, but you're being told what to do all the time, whereas with VFR I love that P2A lets you just call up and ask for whatever you need.

Edited by enchantedloom

thanks !

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I have just started my training for my PPL. Our home base is KLEB which is a class D towered airport. My CFI told me that when we make that initial contact to ground we are supposed to give them the ATIS ID. AS an example:

Lebanon Ground Skyhawk 685DW at Executive Ramp with Wiskey VFR to Sanford

I notice that none of these scripts have the ATIS code when contacting ground.

I had planned on using PilotEdge for ATC practice but it would be nice to use Pilot2ATC at my home airport but I want to make sure it can handle the communications exactly the way I'm being told to do them. By the way, I have not tried this yet in P2ATC so for all I know it works fine.

Mark

It seems this is not implemented in Pilot2ATC. If you listen to Pilot2ATC provided ATIS you will notice that there is no such "advise at initial contact you have information xy" phrase.

It would be nice if it could be implemented! 

You can, and likely should, give the "..with information whiskey" phrase in your call for taxi.  I may have tweak the grammar to support "..VFR to Sanford" portion of the call, but it might already work.

Also I am not sure you need to squawk anything (other than possibly 1200 IF you have a transponder that is turned on) if VFR at a class D airport. ALSO unless you establish coms with the tower by tower acknowledging your call sign you may not enter class D airspace (OR C or B).

I think? 

Edited by GKELLERMAN

No transponder is required for Class D.  AIM (Aero. Info. Manual) Ch 3 (airspace), Para 2-5, 2.  However, if the Class D airspace is, e.g.,  within a Class B "mode C veil" normally w/in 30 NM of a Class B airport, or climbing out of a Class D airport and within  the higher overhanging shelf of a Class C airport, a reporting transponder is required within those airspaces.  AIM, Ch 3, Para 2-3 and 2-4.

• Like 1

I have some basic newbie question about Class B Transition.  

Class B Arrival
**Make sure to file a flight plan or ATC will not know what airport your destination is and try to direct you to the closest one.** Get ATIS Prior to entering the Bravo airspace you need to contact Approach and request clearance. You need to do this even if you have Flight Following.

Class B Transition
[Name] Approach, [CallSign] is [Distance] [Bearing] at [Altitude] request
permission to enter [AirportName] bravo airspace

I am located in a Class D Airport (KTKI) under Class B Airspace (Dallas Forth Worth) 110/40 . I am going to KRBD but the Bravo space is KDFW.  Which approach do I need to contact to get clearance (or can I contact center)? Are the bearing and distance from KDFW or from KRBD?

Can I ask for Class B clearance before I take off, or do I have to be on air?

bPy4kHP.png

Edited by Sims Smith

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

P2A does not really handle VFR Airspace transitions yet.  However, I fly in the DFW area in the real world, and making the trip you have depicted, I would just stay under the Class B, go south at 3500 ft to Lancaster then turn West, avoiding the corridor where  the Class B airspace bottom is 2700 ft.

To get clearance, contact any of the Approach control frequencies to get VFR flight following.  In P2A, you can just request VFR clearance and ATC will give you Flight Following in the clearance.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

I'm just getting started with P2ATC and yes, using this in VFR doesn't seem to work very well, so any help would be useful, thanks