Sign in to follow this  
Beaufighter45

Not sure Matt Davies v1.3 Preset is working...

Hi

Installed yesterday v2.6, tried Matt Davies v1.3 Preset, looked all right on p3d v4.1, got a lot of checked boxes...then tried pta2-preset-thopat-2_1_p3d4_1.ini, a little bit "overdone" for me, return to Matt Davis preset. No more checked boxes...tried to change this several times, got checked boxes on Thopat's, not present anymore on Matt's. Wonder what's happening and how to fix this. Would like to post two screenies, don't know how...

Thanks

Do not use pre P3Dv4.1/PTA2.60 presets !

First Restore your Default Shaders with PTA. Then you can try a V2.60 compatible preset like Matt’s.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi

think MattDavies preset 1.3 is for version 2.60, is the one that comes with program when I bought it...just like the one pta2..

Did what you suggest, same result. No checked boxes on Matt's unlike pta2...

Thanks

5 hours ago, Beaufighter45 said:

Hi

think MattDavies preset 1.3 is for version 2.60, is the one that comes with program when I bought it...just like the one pta2..

Did what you suggest, same result. No checked boxes on Matt's unlike pta2...

Thanks

Uninstall and reinstall should do the job.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm new to PTA.  How do you know, by looking at the PTA interface, if the preset is installed?

22 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm new to PTA.  How do you know, by looking at the PTA interface, if the preset is installed?

If you start PTA and are on the main screen you will see the log at the bottom. The first line will tell you which preset is loaded. On my PC it currently shows:

Preset D:\Downloads\Prepar3D\PTA 2.60\MattDavies1.3.ini loaded

EDIT
Well, you will see the above if you already are using a preset and restarted the program to check what preset you are currently using. When you are loading a new preset the log will show different information, like what has been changed and it will end with something like 'Preset loaded succesfully'.

Take note that you do not have to run PTA after installing a preset: if you like the current preset you can forget about PTA until you want to load another one.

EDIT 2

Just noticed the top of the program window also shows the current preset. So there are LOTS of ways to see if a preset is installed. :happy:

On 22.10.2017 at 10:28 PM, Chuck Dreier said:

But be careful, to really install the preset into P3D you have to "apply" it under the "actions" tab. I think PTA only shows the actual or last loaded preset (which you loaded in PTA), but that doesn't mean that it's the actually installed preset (in P3D) if you didn't "apply" it.

If you just load another preset in PTA, close the program, and start it again, it will simply show the last loaded preset at the top, which then would not necessarily be the preset actually installed/applied in P3D.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.