Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane11 Cirrus over my southern Oregon Ortho4XP scenery

Climbing out of Medford, Oregon enroute to Napa, CA cruising at 22,000 feet and 320KTAS.  Many landmarks on this trip.  Medford airport, Mt. McLaughlin, Howard Prairie Lake (shot #6), and the beautiful Mt. Shasta.

I used to camp at Howard Prairie Lake ever summer, captained my first boat when I was just nine years old, a small schooner.  I camped up there all the way to 1977 and we had a 23 foot Wilderness trailer that we'd park by the Lakeshore.  My father originally towed it with a Dodge Polara, but the engine cracked and almost scalded him with steam escaping from the radiator after the car overheated.  So he traded in the Polara Wagon for a 500 cubic inch Ford Truck which he kept until he sold the trailer.

In the fall we'd park the trailer at Duncan's Mills campground on the Russian River in California, not far from Goat Rock State beach and Jenner.  We'd camp there every weekend and I would hike in the Redwood forest grove just north of the campground and up into the hills.

Hope you enjoy the screenshots!

John

CirrusSF50_1.jpg
CirrusSF50_2.jpg
CirrusSF50_3.jpg
CirrusSF50_4.jpg
CirrusSF50_5.jpg
CirrusSF50_7.jpg
CirrusSF50_8.jpg
CirrusSF50_9.jpg
CirrusSF50_11.jpg
CirrusSF50_12.jpg
CirrusSF50_14.jpg
CirrusSF50_15.jpg
CirrusSF50_16.jpg

• Upvote 1

Very nice scenery in Oregon....lot to see in Oregon because it's part of the Volcanic arc and the Ring of Fire!

HLJAMES

55 minutes ago, HLJames said:

Very nice scenery in Oregon....lot to see in Oregon because it's part of the Volcanic arc and the Ring of Fire!

HLJAMES

Worth visiting there is Silver Falls, just to the east of Salem. It is a series of several waterfalls and wonderful hiking, you can hike behind the falls and see the reverse side of water,, LOL.

4 hours ago, HLJames said:

HLJAMES

Finished OrthoXP for good due to low drive space, my scenery covers the west coast from the Canadian/Washington Border down to Mexico now.  Approx 150 GB of scenery altogether, all told the builds took about three days, 24x7.

John

Well done, and it is really not that difficult. I do prefer them with scenery overlay, especially trees. You can download matching forests from Simheaven, at least in Europe it plays very nice with photoscenery, if you haven't tried yet, I recommend it.