Sign in to follow this  

[SOLVED] Active Sky: no weather at ALL in v4.1

I installed P3D 4.1 today after doing a clean install of Windows 10 (fall version). I downloaded and installed the latest version of AS and while the interface says it is connected the weather doesn't change at ALL in the sim. No matter what I do. Nothing. Clear skies all the time. I can even call up the AS request window in P3D but the weather remains unchanged. Any ideas what's going on here?

Problem solved: turns out I made a mistake when installing my cloud files... :blush:

May I ask how exactly you fixed this? I don't recall messing around with my cloud files but i am experiencing the exact same issue.

William Lutterodt

36 minutes ago, lutterwi said:

May I ask how exactly you fixed this? I don't recall messing around with my cloud files but i am experiencing the exact same issue.

William Lutterodt

I have this problem too however what I do is start the sim first, load aircraft then go to airport and once loaded I then open active sky and weather works. I am running actice sky in network config though.

For some reason if I load active sky before sim the weather doesn't load. This never happened to me before the latest updates

Well, I do think my problem wasn't similar to yours, William and Branko, because to me it simply happened because I made a mistake when I tried to manually copy my prefered cumulus01.bmp into the sim: I simply copied it into the wrong folder after having deleted the original file. So P3D simply had no file to load and thence my sky was clear all the time. There was in fact weather but I just didn't see it. Quite stupid, right? :happy: So if you haven't messed with these files or if starting AS later on works your problem isn't different than mine.

Ok thanks gents, I will try loading AS after loading the airport and aircraft and see if that makes a difference. On another thread i read it might be the shaders from one of the presets i installed as well.

Will 

The load order of AS should make no difference. Once connected, it will inject the weather. If you are missing clouds etc, check your shader program. It is very easy to mess up the weather with different presets.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I get sucked into tweaking and I really don't know what i am doing. P3Dv4 on its on is 10X better than FSX so i think i will just leave it as is. One user said to uninstall/reinstall the client,content,and scenery and that should do the trick. I messed up something but not sure what exactly.

Will

well, you are correct in that P3D needs  no tweaking. Many of the old FSX tweaks have been incorporated into it already.

To save time and trouble just start by uninstalling the client and reinstalling it. If that doesn't do the trick, you can uninstall and reinstall the content and/or scenery but usually the client reinstall does the trick.

The shader mods like PTA and ENVTEX are very good - just use one of their presets unless you know what you are doing.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

The load order of AS should make no difference. Once connected, it will inject the weather. If you are missing clouds etc, check your shader program. It is very easy to mess up the weather with different presets.

Vic

For some reason the load sequence order makes a difference for me, not all the time but most times. I'm not missing cloud textures just sometimes the active sky weather won't load, then I got to change the sequence. Anyway this not what the OP is experiencing.

Happy to report that uninstalling and reinstalling the client section worked for me. Now have 3d clouds. i just have to identify which preset caused my issue.

will