Sign in to follow this  
J van E

PTAbsolute preset with PTA 2.60?

I installed P3D 4.1 on a clean install of Windows 10 this afternoon. I downloaded and installed PTA 2.60. When I try to apply the PTAbsolute Natural Less haze preset I get an error:

Applying [Clouds directional lighting 1] to D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
Applying [Clouds directional lighting 2] to D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
Applying [Clouds directional lighting 3] to D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above

PTA clearly doesn't work in P3D. Everythings looks completely unchanged. I know the Envtex guys are working on Envshade and maybe this preset isn't compatible with version 2.60 but shouldn't work for the most part (since it has been applied with apparently only one error)?

If this preset doesn't work I am totally screwed because it is the ONLY preset I like and I suppose the Envtex guys won't be updating it anymore.

EDIT

Well, the problem seems to be with the preset indeed: I just loaded Matt's default ini and it works. And I have to say... it seems I am not screwed because I like what I see. I noticed before that Matt's previous preset came pretty close to PTAbsolute so I think I will be using Matt's preset from now on. Main advantage: whenever there will be a new version of PTA there always also will be a compatible preset from Matt. :happy:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!