AnkH,

Your observation is interesting. I would be surprised if it has anything to do with Gsync, as Gsync switching is instantaneous. My suspicion is that the switch that you recognize is more a function of cpu, gpu, or bus data transfer lag/delay. In the tests that I've seen, as fps varies below approx. 30, the switch to double or triple refresh rate is undetectable...as shown using an oscilloscope. I can assure that no "switch" is detectable on my Gsync monitor.

AnkH, have you ever run the Gsync "Pendulum" demo? If not, I would suggest trying it, and watching what happens as the fps varies up and down, above and below 30 fps.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I know it is G-Sync. It is simply visible on my monitor if G-sync is active and my P3D runs with 30+ FPS which means 30+ Hz, then, if it drops below 30, e.g. to 28FPS, the monitor instantly switches to 56Hz. This 30Hz to 56Hz switch is visible. Might be different on other monitors. Mine is the DELL S2716DG. I will try the demo though.

EDIT: ok, I used the Pendulum demo and there is the same effect. As soon as FPS drop below 30, I can see clearly a faint flickering of the screen. Not very nice, I will keep my G-Sync off for P3D...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 20/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, Dave_YVR said:

The big thing to keep in mind with G-Sync is that below 30fps it doesn't do anything. I have a 1440p Gsync monitor and totally love it.

Hey Dave.... what setting do you use with G sync ?

I want to lock at 60, but have it smooth and tear free when it wobbles between 40 and 60.

I do not mean graphics settings, but nVidia CP g sync settings, in sim vert sync, TB and fps limits etc.

I want to get a 2K g sync monitor, but wonder if it needs to lockable to 60, and whether I should go 120 or 144.

Thnx

Edited by Gabe777

I'd love to lock the fps at 60 but it's often unobtainable to sustain at 2k with reasonably high settings any amount of scenery, AI, or weather etc. Outside of that, I'd use one of the available frame rate limiters. The sim itself has one, as does Nvidia Inspector, but there are others it just comes down to which one works best (or more commonly, that you think works best) for your system. 

AnkH mentioned above and I've been doing the same for the past year or so and not use G-Sync in P3d. Right now I have it set to ULMB which works pretty good.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS