Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

Failure To Get AI Aircraft To Squawk & Identify

As I am transiting south from KCAE to KOPF I routinely hear Jacksonville Center trying vainly to get one of the AI aircraft to squawk and identify.....over and over again.... and I must listen to this frustrated controller until I am handed off to a different frequency.  Any suggestions about how remedy this situation?  Thanks!

John

Don't know, Jay.  I'll check and see.  It's a Beech and it reports in to Jacksonville Center who then responds with a squawk code which the pilot never acknowledges or pings.  Next time I'll get its call sign and see if I can locate the proper cfg file.

John

The other cause of this behavior is an AI aircraft being deleted by a 3rd party traffic limiter utility. If all else fails, turn on debug logging  in the VOXATC advanced settings  utility and check the specific log files.

I have two Beech aircraft in the P3dv4/simobjects/aircraft folder - baron 58 & king air 350 (both default) and both have the proper [Radio] section. I do not have any 3rd party traffic pgm installed.  I have followed the VOXATC instructions and turned off the AI traffic in P3dv4.  No 3rd party traffic limiter traffic utility installed.  Will now turn on debug logging and see if I can discover the problem.

Interesting, I recreated my flight plan - this time IFR (KCAE-KPOF via high altitude airways) and did not have any problems.  No Beech ignoring Jacksonville Center.  I guess it might be the difference between VFR and IFR operations?  Since I did not run into the situation mentioned above I didn't bother checking the log.  I may run the VFR plan again and then look at the log.