Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSL A320X is crashing to desktop when you load it 'direct'? Change your water from Ultra to High

Hi,

Apologies for starting a new thread on this but I did it for visibility.

Some users of the FSLabs A320X were experiencing a crash-to-desktop when attempting to load the plane directly (the workaround is to load the piper cub first, then the A320X) I just went to the FSL Forums to say the update is still having problems, when I came across a post that said turn your P3D Water settings from Ultra to High and this fixes it.

Well, it fixed it!. I can now load the A320X directly without loading a default plane first.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/13937-ctd-between-100-and-flight-deck-load/&page=3

Hope this helps at least some of the users with their CTD problems.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Start up with the Piper? Mine loads with the default F-22 and is causing the CTDs immediately if I try to move from that airbase. How do I change the default F-22 to that Piper?

hmm curious how the water setting affects this...

What on earth is going on here? I'm scratching my head!

Started P3D in Admin, had the spinning F-22, changed to the FSLA320 easyJet. Then, with trepidation of another CTD, changed airports to UK2000's EGGP, and lo and behold, the aircraft is there, loaded up. I'm confused. All those repeat CTDs, then this. All I did was run sfc /scannow, and it found no system files corrupted, etc.

20 minutes ago, Ebs said:

@vc10man Rick, is this FSL related or you mean P3D in general?

Not quite 100% sure, Neil. See post above this.

No problem here with first loading Alabeo Extra 300 as default plane at the airport and then switching to the A320X. I do this with every complex aircraft. 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I load the A320 directly from the menu like any other. 

My water settings is always medium or off

Thanks Michael Moe 

PS the new intro suggest this methods

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, DylanM said:

hmm curious how the water setting affects this...

Could it be an add-on that has water textures for the scenery and it was made in DX9 or 10 textures and it doesn't know the meaning of Ultra?  I figure so as I do not have the A320 and have never had this CTD yet.  Maybe an Orbx scenery that has not been upgraded to P3DV4 yet.  It could also be someone buying a program like REX which has themes with water and you can independently set the resolution.  So, if you have it at 4096, that might be too much for the sim loading and reducing the resolution makes it work.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This fixed the issue for me and for many:

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Prepar3D and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for Prepar3d.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart the sim - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your sim is marked and running with "Run as Administrator".

• Upvote 1

If P3D is loaded with the Water setting of "Ultra" it can cause some internal issues with P3D. We've submitted the bug to Lockheed Martin for their consideration.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tumtiddle said:

If P3D is loaded with the Water setting of "Ultra" it can cause some internal issues with P3D. We've submitted the bug to Lockheed Martin for their consideration.

It's a know issue and been discussed before that water set at 'Ultra' steps the 'PO' state of the graphics card down.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109003

bob