Sign in to follow this  
lennie

New guy; some questions!

Hi Guys,

Just installed this yesterday. Now i have some questions:

1. Why don't i have an icon on the monitor, and have to search for pta.exe each time?

2. Why do I have to insert the key file each time? I have it on another computer, so have to copy on paper, and then insert it?

3. I only have Matt Davies preset; it's just a shade too blue for me. I see that i can open it in notepad, and blue=1.00; so do i change this to .85 - or .75 or something, then apply?

Thanks for your help!!

14 hours ago, lennie said:

Hi Guys,

Just installed this yesterday. Now i have some questions:

1. Why don't i have an icon on the monitor, and have to search for pta.exe each time?

2. Why do I have to insert the key file each time? I have it on another computer, so have to copy on paper, and then insert it?

3. I only have Matt Davies preset; it's just a shade too blue for me. I see that i can open it in notepad, and blue=1.00; so do i change this to .85 - or .75 or something, then apply?

Thanks for your help!!

1. The program doesn't install itself: it doesn't need an install but simply runs right away. Hence there is no icon on your desktop. Of course you can make a shortcut to it on your desktop yourself once you found the exe: no need to search for it everytime...

2. That shouldn't be necessary but I don't have a solution for that. I only had to enter the key the very first time I ran PTA.

3. PTA only comes with Matt's preset: if you want more, search the internet or this forum. I have to add though that imho most other presets suck a little. And if you want to change a setting: that's what the interface of PTA is for!!! Yes, you can edit the ini but if you change something using the PTA interface any changes will be saved into that very same ini. Using the interface you get an explanation of everything (well, of a lot of things) but if you edit the ini you are on your own and you can screw things up.

I myself am very happy with Matt's preset and haven't changed a thing.

If the scene is too blue for you , at the bottom the is scene tone adjustment..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks Gents!!

I will continue to enjoy this add-on!

Hey Gerard,

I am a bit dense on this, but at 82 yrs i guess i can be forgiven. Could you walk me thru on this? I have watched Matt Davies youtube twice; and not sure just how to use his preset and "edit" it or what. Do I open his in notepad, and then change the blue a bit? Or is there something simple? You mentioned a tone adjustment, where is this exactly?

I am flying GA only and mostly in the US South, and our rivers are not as blue as Matts preset. I tend to fly the Mooney, several twins, and occasionally the King Air and the Phenom 300. So mainly i am at 3-5000' to enjoy the farmland, forests, small towns etc. I was a RW Piper Warrior owner and pilot, but age has put me in the sim!! No more $350 hangar fee, $1500-2000 annual inspection, or $6.50 gal fuel! Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.