Sign in to follow this  

Bouncing Aircraft on Runway/Taxiway - FSX Steam

Good Evening!

I don't know what I've done to my configuration, (I recently installed ORBX Global but it's apparently unrelated according to ORBX) but when I move any aircraft on the ground, either on a taxiway or runway, takeoff or landing, the aircraft jumps up and down as if it was taxying/taking off on the grass. This happens at both add-on airports (UK2000, Aerosoft etc) and default airports and on all the aircraft I have installed (Both Default and Addon aircraft eg PMDG NGX). 

I've searched tirelessly online and on these forums but couldn't find any direct connection to the issues, something about contact point but this seems to be specifically for individual aircraft, all my aircraft are affected

I've provided a link to an unlisted video showing the issue, I use EZDOK and all movements on the ground cause the camera to shake excessively in the virtual cockpit

Additionally I've been variously testing all aircraft and approaching the runway or ground most aircraft begins to dance around the sky uncontrollably (thankfully the PMDG NGX, the main aircraft I use seems not to be affected. Here is an example. 

I've not fiddled with any of the config files or installed anything except ORBX which is completely unrelated according to them, after uninstalling the issue persisted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. These videos are unlisted, they can only be viewed by using the link in this post.

Kind Regards,

Sam 

flightdeck2sim

That looks like a Mesh setting issue to me, too low a mesh resolution in the options?

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 hours ago, Chock said:

That looks like a Mesh setting issue to me, too low a mesh resolution in the options?

All sliders maxed out, it seems to be an issue with the scenery library and the fact ORBX was above everything else. Moving the Add-On airports above the ORBX products seems to have fixed the issue with certain aircraft (Thankfully the PMDG NGX!)

Bizarrely default aircraft still lose control close to the ground and bounce all over the place just like in this video. Any other suggestions?

I'd say it was a mesh issue. Try verifying the integrity of the game cache via Steam - you'll probably have to reinstall the Orbx addons again, but at least see if the vanilla install cures the bouncing.

EDIT - you sure your controller isn't spiking? Dead zones OK?

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Sam,

Just an observation with regard to your second video, I've only seen aircraft react that violently and uncontrollably when the "Simulation Rate" is set higher than (Normal) even (@ 2x), the aircraft would bounce and or react ahead or behind any controller inputs or environmental forces such as wind or minute undulations in terrain. I've tested my theory and notice the aircraft behaving in the exact same way as your Extra and Trike. It was almost impossible to control the aircraft in takeoff low flight or landing. Have you sped up the video capture, or is it normal speed? Are you sure you haven't forgotten to reset your Simulation Rate back to normal.

I could only replicate the bouncing boeing in your first video by taking an off runway excursion while Sim Rate was set @ 2x. Perhaps you have experimented in speeding up your longhaul flights and forgotten to reset. The accentuated bouncing and camera shake may be a by-product of EZdok and a Simulation Rate set higher than Normal.

LOL Fred , a misappropriation of Soul Plane footage but funny all the same. (I don't believe AF One was ever taxied in such a manner under any administration :biggrin:)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Forgive me for this not being related or anything  but I was wondering what software and settings do you use for the videos you upload? Amazing quality :)

Necmi Osman

does the newer version of ezdok impart forces onto the airplane also? or does it just shake the camera? maybe it is adding that shaking when you taxi, i think i heard that it adds some turbulence shakes and things in the newer version (2+) but i haven't used that one.. perhaps it adding some stuff on the ground also..?

cheers,-andy crosby