Sign in to follow this  
Muso

Pd3 v4

After many hours of trying, it is now clear that PMDG 747 is stopping P3d from running.  It got so bad that I un-installed both P3d and PMDG 747 (according to recommendations). I re-installed P3d and it runs fine. Then installed the 747 and P3d won't run. The only thing that is weird is a message during the program load as follows:   PMDG debug.  Warning: Unable to create work files.  Run ad Admin (which it is)  N.B  I normally let these programs find their own paths and don't interfere with the downloading.   When I was using FSX it was advised to have the program folder at the top of the tree (C:\FSX) which I did.   Does P3d need to be done the same ?

Glenn Hutchinson

I have the 747 running with no problems in p3d v4. It is recommended that p3d be installed in its own folder and not in Program Files.

PMDG give some good guidance for installing, have you followed it ?.

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

17 hours ago, Muso said:

After many hours of trying, it is now clear that PMDG 747 is stopping P3d from running.  It got so bad that I un-installed both P3d and PMDG 747 (according to recommendations). I re-installed P3d and it runs fine. Then installed the 747 and P3d won't run. The only thing that is weird is a message during the program load as follows:   PMDG debug.  Warning: Unable to create work files.  Run ad Admin (which it is)  N.B  I normally let these programs find their own paths and don't interfere with the downloading.   When I was using FSX it was advised to have the program folder at the top of the tree (C:\FSX) which I did.   Does P3d need to be done the same ?

Glenn Hutchinson

The PMDG documentation, specifically the Introduction, has recommendations for installing and configuring P3D and the PMDG product.  Normally, problems are made worse by uninstalling and reinstalling.  Be sure if you are installed to the Program Files location that you are always running everything, installers and programs, with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP

UPDATE to my previous post.

All good now.  Created a new folder at the top of the directory (C:\P3D v4). That fixed my problem

It seems I'm not out of the woods just yet.  After re-installing the 747 I managed to do the Instructional flight.  Shut down P3D and now it will not start. The very best I get is the splash screen for about 30+ seconds and then CTD.  I can't even use P3D at all.

There is something about the 747 that my P3D v4 does not like. It seems the only way to get the 747 going is to re-install it every time.  If I want to use P3D I need to un-install the 747.

Totally bloody frustrating.

17 minutes ago, Muso said:

There is something about the 747 that my P3D v4 does not like. It seems the only way to get the 747 going is to re-install it every time.  If I want to use P3D I need to un-install the 747.

If it runs once, then it's not the plane. The plane is only getting caught up in things.

Have you checked for the presence of the Microsoft Update that is causing issues? Additionally, have you excluded the sim itself from your virus scanner? Finally, have you set the 744 as the default aircraft?

Kyle Rodgers

On 10/20/2017 at 7:34 PM, Muso said:

Does P3d need to be done the same ?

Any program in the Program Files folders will be subject to all kinds of negative issues.

Kyle Rodgers